Buying a C-Class Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbbuyer

Reaction score
Hi all

I am new to the forum. I am considering buying a new car. I am stuck between a Audi A4 and the more attractive styling of the C series Coupe. With all the wealth of advice could you please tell me about reliability and performance. Which is better? What should I avoid? What advice do you give for resale value. I am considering either buying New or 1 Year old.

Regards

MBBuyer

J

jon_harley

Performance depends on which engine/configuration you buy, and as my C-class coupe is only 9 months old I'm not sure I can comment on reliability, except to say that in all the web forums I've read I've only come across 1 guy who had a serious problem with one, and that was an earlyish one when they hadn't been out long.

I recommend test driving both and seeing which you like. I test drove a couple of Audis before buying my C-class SC, and strongly preferred the Benz - I thought the road handling is much better, and found the MB had much better ergonomic design.

desrobinson

Reaction score
As suggested by Jon_Harley, test drive both and try different configuration if you can. It's worth spending the time on. One of my mates has a 2 year old A4 which is quite nice.

He did admit that my the Mercs is a better driving experience even though it is 7years older than his Audi (his has more gadgets though). In his word "You can feel the quality".

Let us know us what you decide.

sgregory124

Reaction score
Pro's and cons for both cars.

C class coupe looks like it was styled in the dark by Stevie Wonder,

It isn't particularly fast unless you opt for the V6 (the 4 cylinder engines all sound very 'tinny' even with the supercharger),

Build quality is questionable,

Reliability again, is questionable.

Although its not a bad drive I must say, and the Bose optional stereo sounds fabulous.

The Audi on the other hand looks better, feels like it was built to last forever, better quality plastics, leathers and wood. Nice and quick and economical if you opt for 1.9/2.5TDI or just plain quick if you go the S4 route.

I have driven a C coupe many times as I have a good friend who owns one and previously owned an A4 2.8Q for 3 years in case anyone was wondering :)

I'm not pro Audi either since I sold it to buy my first Merc....;)

Just my 2 penneth...

Simon

1997 C36 AMG

landover

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.landrovertd.com
Unless your female and a hairdresser go for the audi mate .Looks better and drives better
I personaly think that mec is in the same class as a BMW compact

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom