C 200k Alloy & Tyre Size

mocko

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me what size rims and tyres would be best suited to my 2003 c200k avantgarde. I want to upgrade with aftermarket alloys and tyred to 17" rims with 225 45 17 tyres - will they fir and what j rim shoul i get ?

What are the issues in upgrading to 17 or 18" ?

Can I go for 18" rims and what size tryes are best suited?

I have 16" 5 spoke originals fitted with 205 55 16 tyres

Regards

Ian

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Size wise, you need to keep the overall diameter unchanged
so see http://www.bolide.co.uk/actions/info.taf?page=tyresizecalculator

You can probably go to 18'' but they are the stiletto of the motoring world. Look good but wreck your back. (ruins the ride).

On after market rims - tread carefully. Many sound ok on the figures and specs, but don't fit the MB hub properly and many people have had nightmares with vibrations and shakes. Make sure you get them from a reputable supplier who will give proper after care should you have problems.

Tony

Reaction score
I'd go for the 17" Mercedes Adharaz wheels - like fitted on the C Sport. They're relatively cheap (I bought 4 for £500 new last year, though they're probably more now) and the look bigger than they are because the spoke goes right to the edge of the rim. They also don't have that "after market" Maxpower look that puts me off some rims. It still looks like a Mercedes. Since it's a standard wheel you know that it's going to work - the spokes will clear the calipers, the cruise control will still work, the offsets will be right, there won't be any vibration etc. Basically the bigger the wheel the worse the ride and the greater the tramlining effect you get. 18 inchers are alright too but that's the limit if you still want the car to drive well.

James100474

Reaction score
I'd go for the 17" Mercedes Adharaz wheels - like fitted on the C Sport. They're relatively cheap (I bought 4 for £500 new last year, though they're probably more now) and the look bigger than they are because the spoke goes right to the edge of the rim. They also don't have that "after market" Maxpower look that puts me off some rims. It still looks like a Mercedes. Since it's a standard wheel you know that it's going to work - the spokes will clear the calipers, the cruise control will still work, the offsets will be right, there won't be any vibration etc. Basically the bigger the wheel the worse the ride and the greater the tramlining effect you get. 18 inchers are alright too but that's the limit if you still want the car to drive well.

Hi Tony, where did you get your wheels for £500?

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom