C class 350e

Barrie March

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016c class 350e
hi just joined off to look at 2016 C350e this Friday has anyone had any experience either good or bad and how about mpg
Any heads up will be most useful Thanks

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome Barrie
Not many or any of those on here yet

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi Barrie and welcome to the forum. If you search "350e" on this forum it will bring up a couple of threads. The boot size seems to be a problem because so much space is given over to the batteries.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Barrie, welcome to the forum :)

neil in mk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e 2016
hi just joined off to look at 2016 C350e this Friday has anyone had any experience either good or bad and how about mpg
Any heads up will be most useful Thanks
Hi
had one for a year now.

From a company car tax POV it's a no-brainer, get one and pay less BIK tax than someone in a fiesta!

Mileage around town is good. At weekends I do lots of short trips, charge up at home between journeys, and typically do 130 miles without the engine ever kicking in. as you'd expect it's spookilly quiet.

On longer journeys you'll get 14 miles on electric on one charge, but it does charge up when you coast or brake though. On a recent non-stop 250 miles motorway trip, 42 of the miles were electric.

Overall I've done 30000 miles and am getting just under 70mpg.

One really bad point - the standard satnav is CRAP. frequently takes you miles off course, and traffic updates are wildly innacurate. when we go long dictances we rely on my daughter's iphone - much better.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
130 miles on electric? Really?

neil in mk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e 2016
Sure. Like i said. Lots of small trips and charge up between trips. Shopping trip 12 miles, charge up. Visit friends 14 miles, charge up. Gym 12 miles, charge up etc. the full recharge time from a domestic socket is 1 1/2 hours.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
So not 130 miles on one charge, that's the bit I misunderstood, phew!

OP
B

Barrie March

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016c class 350e
Hi
had one for a year now.

From a company car tax POV it's a no-brainer, get one and pay less BIK tax than someone in a fiesta!

Mileage around town is good. At weekends I do lots of short trips, charge up at home between journeys, and typically do 130 miles without the engine ever kicking in. as you'd expect it's spookilly quiet.

On longer journeys you'll get 14 miles on electric on one charge, but it does charge up when you coast or brake though. On a recent non-stop 250 miles motorway trip, 42 of the miles were electric.

One really bad point - the standard satnav is CRAP. frequently takes you miles off course, and traffic updates are wildly innacurate. when we go long dictances we rely on my daughter's iphone - much better.

OP
B

Barrie March

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016c class 350e
Hi thanks for the info sorry about delay have been away just back catching up with life

Marshall13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e
Hi
had one for a year now.

Just under 70mpg over 30,000 miles, are you serious? How much is your electricity bill? You must be stopping every 8 miles to charge the ****** thing surely?

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Why I’ve averaged 56 on a non plug in hybrid over the last 25k, I could get more without trying much harder but I like my acceleration so it’s a trade off

Marshall13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e
Why I’ve averaged 56 on a non plug in hybrid over the last 25k, I could get more without trying much harder but I like my acceleration so it’s a trade off
Are you replying to my comment? If so, I’m not sure what point you are making? My local dealer was amazed that I had managed to achieve 40.3 mpg over the last 10k miles. He said that was one of the highest he had seen. The battery is crap and yet it takes 30% of my boot space.

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 '63 E350 coupe amg sport
What’s a non plug in hybrid? How does it charge?
Am I being thick?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom