C class Coupe (C300 Prem+) warning messages.

GT_C300coupe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Coupe Prem+ (2017)
Warning messages on dash:
-- Traffic Sign Assist inoperative
-- Active Lane Keeping Assist inoperative
-- Pre-safe functions limited

Mercedes Brentford are telling me the above messages show up because I'm in Sport+ mode. It does kind of make sense but at the same time why would the safety features turn off? If anything you'll need them more because you'll be driving it that but harder...

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
They're turned off because the enthusiast doesn't want them getting in the way of properly driving the car as opposed to just making progress rapidly.

OP
G

GT_C300coupe

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 Coupe Prem+ (2017)
They're turned off because the enthusiast doesn't want them getting in the way of properly driving the car as opposed to just making progress rapidly.

Cheers for clarifying

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Is right, it's removed part of the ' nanny' mode built in ...

Wozza14

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 2010
What a great feature the faster you go. the extras...don't work what a waste of money.....everything is far to over complicated I wouldn't want any of the new models out of warrenty.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
What a great feature the faster you go. the extras...don't work what a waste of money.....everything is far to over complicated I wouldn't want any of the new models out of warrenty.
You've missed the point.

Wozza14

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 2010
No I know what fast is ....I have a motorbike for that and I agree I just look ahead all I meant is there is to many functions now ....mostly not nessacary....adding to the overpricing of today's cars...

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
No I know what fast is ....I have a motorbike for that and I agree I just look ahead all I meant is there is to many functions now ....mostly not nessacary....adding to the overpricing of today's cars...

.... and some juicy repair bills in the future :):)

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Sport mode + is effectively track mode.

If you are at high speed, you should, in effect, be more conscious of your movements, speed, positioning and what is around you and your own reactions should be quicker.

When I am racing, I don't need a machine beeping at me telling me I'm rubbing paint with someone. I know they are there and likewise they know I am there.

On the road, chances are you won't be stopping for red lights and you will be passing cars so quickly that lane assist becomes irrelevant.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom