c class diesel buying advice

shaungriff

Reaction score
Website
www.sgcarcare.co.uk
Your Mercedes
c250td
hi there everyone. i'm after advice on what to look for on buying c-class diesel around 1997 (c220d/c250d) ? are the 4 cyl engines powerful enough? do they last high mileages etc? thanks shaun

Jensen

Reaction score
Hi Shaun, welcome.

Don't know about the 220 & 250d however I have a 1998 C250TD this is 5 cylinders I believe.
I love this car it is great to drive, fun and reliable. Engine is smooth and refined. Miles on clock 108k but this is nothing for a Merc and particularly a diesel. Also go for automatic, avoid manual.
As long as the car has FSH should be ok, but check for rust issues around wheel arches, door panels and boot as there has been some problems.

hexflyer

Reaction score
I too own a C250TD and very pleased with it too:-D , average 36mpg, the 4 cylinder C220D isn't a bad motor, not quite as refined as the 5 cylinder 250, but you'll get a better fuel return with the 220, as its fitted with the more modern common rail engine so you should be gettin mpg figures in the 40's, as jensen mentioned avoid the manual box's and go for the auto's, far more relaxing;)

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom