C180 Coupe/2003 locking and indicator issues.

Mazzone10

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180/2003
Hi all,

I'm new on here so please be gentle.

As stated in the title I have a C180 Coupe that I picked up a month ago. I'm pretty happy with it but as it was a cheap price and the age of the car it has some faults....

The central locking on the car has a fault on the drivers side. Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 attempts to lock the car. The locking button on the inside of the door just flips back up when the lock on the fob is pressed. It does eventually lock, and is annoying at best but not sure how long this will hold out for.

There are another two faults on the car which I am pretty sure are related. When the indicator stalk is pressed up to indicate right it fails to stay in position. Oddly it will stay in position if the wheel is turned slightly left or right. Obviously this isn't practical when indicating and driving in a straight line!
I also discovered yesterday (as it rained for the first time) that the wind screen wipers won't stay on. If I gently touch the stalk, then they will work peoperly for a few minutes.
I'm thinking that as they are on the same indicator stalk then they could be part of the same issue?

I do like to fix issues on my car myself so just wondered if anyone had fixed the same ones themselves?

Advice is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Mark.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom