C200 Y reg, Leaking footwell passegers side

MickeyDblv

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK250 '11 1800cc; VW golf GTI [SLK320 '01;]
This problem just started recently and wondered if anyone else has heard/ had this problem. A couple of times the water has flowed like being poured from a jug and I've had the carpets up. Seems worse after a good down pour and the car is parked on a very slight incline, front first.

There has been a load of leaves etc., in the engine compartment and wiper recess below the screen and while I clear it out, I was wondering if there could be blockage through a drain hole due to accumulated debris?

Any ideas?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
How about the air intake dox for the heater, take off the top and clean it out. you can normally push a piece of wire down the drain holes to clear them, not a sharp wire that could damage the drain tubes.

malcolm

tom7035

Reaction score
Likely due to blocked drainage tube right in the corner of the bulkhead channel, under the windscreen. As Malcolm says, prod it through with a long piece of wire with a blunt end so as not to cause any damage to the plastic tube. You'll need about 4 feet or so. (I happened to have an old inner speedo cable which was perfect.) Flush through with a hose jet afterwards. Cured mine.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom