C208 (CLK200) Twin drive belt Diagram needed!

Chris56000

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A170CDi 2001 OM668.942
Hi!

I'm helping my friend with his CLK200 (C208, M111.943 engine) following failure of his exhaust manifold!

My friend got one of his local friendly moles to weld back the broken neck of the manifold - it's the 'coaxial' short-neck aluminium one - they ALL crack!!!

I've got all the bottom bits all back together, but in order to remove the manifold, I'd to remove the supercharger, which on my friend's car is driven by a separate belt off a dual-belt type crankshaft pulley!

I've gashed a-don't-know-how-many-pieces off my fingers trying to fit that dratted gen/supercharger belt, and I just *cannot* get it over the pulleys despite heaving on that silly little E10 Torx bolt on the tensioner for all it's worth!

Before I've no fingers left, *please* can someone post the correct info from the WIS showing me the belt routing for both belts and the instructions?

Chris Williams

Last edited:

rapide

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 E230 (no rust) 2016 volvo xc60 r/design. se. lux. nav.
belt problem

Hi have you got the original handbooks for it! they show the belt routes , change my water pump today , e230 111. same engine no s/charger, ripped belt off and had to look at book to put back on! act in haste! repent etc!

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Malcolm ..Television will be back in 4 months and will post up the details for you..
Had he still been on here you would have had your belts fitted by now..Ah well...

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom