C220 CDI W204 Services

domwild

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI W204
Merry Christmas from Australia, Perth! Found a few problems with previous services of this ten year old car I just bought and I would like to ask members here if their experiences were similar to mine:

Fuel filter service every 60,000: Not ticked by mechanic at the first 60k and not done as per invoice at 120,000km. Answer by assistant service manager: "I cannot remember ......!" Looks to me like if the diagnostic claims the fuel pressure is still OK, then the filter is not being changed. Am I right or are you wrong?

Auto transmission oil change every 60,000: Same as above. Answer: "We would have asked the client if he wishes to have this service performed!"??? I am sure the sensor in the pan only reads temperature and not the "goodness" of the trans oil, so it looks like I will have to do it myself with the help of a lots of videos from this and other fora. Shame!

What is going on at the dealerships or are we showing our convict heritage?

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
I suppose the solution to your concerns is to change the fuel filter and the gearbox oil and filter yourself.

Then whatever vague answers you've been given will be history, because you will rest easy knowing that the service has been properly done.

OP
D

domwild

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI W204
I suppose the solution to your concerns is to change the fuel filter and the gearbox oil and filter yourself.

Then whatever vague answers you've been given will be history, because you will rest easy knowing that the service has been properly done.
Thanks for that. Well said!

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom