C220 coupe buying?????????

jordanofolano

Reaction score
Hi Im thinking of buying a 220 coupe can anyone advise me on what to look for,I want diesel not sure to go for auto or manual would like leather and panoramic thanks Sal

Seeker_UK

Reaction score
Go for an auto. There's no handbrake in these and using the foot operated parking brake to do hill-starts is a pain. Going auto also ensures a higher residual value, as does the panoramic roof.

Get an SE spec with the sport pack - you get stiffer suspension, nicer wheels, better handling all round.

If the 220CDI was around before they revised the model, go for the newer model (ie without the 'hole' in the dash) - they look a million times better inside than the older ones.

As for colour, I like the metallic black, any of the silvers or Jasper Blue, as do most people so, choose one of these colours to improve residuals.

Casanunder

Reaction score
I agree with Seeker; the auto box is a must. With a foot-operated parking brake, a hill start would be tricky for anyone not called John Holmes.

I have the C200k SE with panaramic roof and I love it to pieces and its a great drive. It's still a very practical car, too. After the Mondeo I had before, I was slightly concerned about fitting in camping gear / scuba diving gear. I needn't have been - there's loads of room.

Although I haven't driven the diesel, I would heartily recommend the car itself.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom