C220 Service Reset

neilwiz06

Reaction score
Is there anyway of reseting the service thing thats flashing on my C220

-3200 service light flashing just before starting the car

Is there any other way then taking it to MB and get it on a computer to reset this?

I done the service myself just want get rid of the light now

RonCT

Reaction score
Turn key to position 2. press the button to show the service due light. release button. turn key off. press and hold the same button to view the service light, within 2 second turn key to position 2. wait up to 10 second and the light will reset to show new service. This may take a couple of trys (make sure the doors are shut).

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
There is a guide in the DIY section - ASSYST Reset

pontiuspilot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A140, C220 (W211), E220 (W212)
I have a 2004 (W203) C220CDi and have managed to reset the ASSYST service settings.
You get 3 choices of oil - standard, spec 229.3 or spec 229.5 - I've used 229.51 spec as suggested by MB and the service interval has increased to 13,000 miles. Dealer had it set to standard spec with 10k service intervals. I can post the sequence if anybody wants it.
My MB has buttons on the steering wheel.
I had no luck downloading the pdf details in the DIY section.
Apologies if this is old hat.

colechelle

Resigned
Reaction score
agreed, i would like to know how you have done that, i can only get 13000 with the star machine!!!

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I have a 2004 (W203) C220CDi and have managed to reset the ASSYST service settings.
You get 3 choices of oil - standard, spec 229.3 or spec 229.5 - I've used 229.51 spec as suggested by MB and the service interval has increased to 13,000 miles. Dealer had it set to standard spec with 10k service intervals. I can post the sequence if anybody wants it.
My MB has buttons on the steering wheel.
I had no luck downloading the pdf details in the DIY section.
Apologies if this is old hat.

I have a late 2004 (so facelift) W203 - c270CDi and mine has the same menu. However I found that whatever oil type I selected it always resets to 13,000 miles.
I reset mine while playing around with it just before it went in for its first A service - resetting it flipped it to a B service. However resetting it over and over again it stayed on B! Dealer was slightly bemused by the car having 12800 miles to service but happily did an A service and it came out firmly showing B as next service.

pontiuspilot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK in the absence of any pictures - small pencil shaped button in 7 O'clock position left of speedo (A) might have an 'R' printed on it, On steering wheel overlapping pages (B), button next to it (C), and button on top right hand side of steering wheel (D) - dont touch the phone buttons.

Ignition key to posn 1
Push B till mileage is displayed
Push A 3 times till it beeps
Ignition key to posn 2
Push C till message 'service display' is displayed
Push A once
'Oil type' will display
Push D till you have selected the oil spec you used - choices are 'standard', 'Qual 229.3' or 'Qual 229.5'
Push C
Message 'Confirm oil reset, press R button for 3 S'
Push A for 3 seconds
Service confirmed will display
Push B till mileage is displayed
Ignition off

Dont know if it makes a difference but doors and windows were closed!

MB garage had set the service interval to 10K - I wanted 13K for the oil type I used but didn't try the other oil settings.

Good luck and I hope it works.

Last edited:

lulu

Reaction score
Excellent post. Just reset mine to the 'correct' oil that the main dealer hadn't!
(fortunately only reset after a service 1000 miles ago)

How did you come by this information? Are there anymore little secrets you're aware of?

I noticed the initial button presses take you into additional menu areas that aren't readily documented eg battery voltage, ESP, ?, ?

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Excellent post. Just reset mine to the 'correct' oil that the main dealer hadn't!
(fortunately only reset after a service 1000 miles ago)

How did you come by this information? Are there anymore little secrets you're aware of?

I noticed the initial button presses take you into additional menu areas that aren't readily documented eg battery voltage, ESP, ?, ?

One additonal thing that you can do if you scroll throught the pages that have the voltage etc on them, you'll come to a page that has "Öl" (oil in German) at the bottom of it - turn the key to Pos2 and it'll show you the oil qty in the sump.

pontiuspilot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi - A friend of mine owns an independent garage and I do all my servicing there - nothing seems to be a problem and I can access service/ diagnostic info for just about any car. I'm just puzzled why this info is not readily available from MB - I had a hells own task getting any info from the main dealer - did they really know what I was on about? I guess not. Even a write up in the manual is missing and we are all left at the mercy of MB. You're right there were some additional areas that could be amended but I was cautious just in case I corrupted something. I seem to remember that the VIN number comes up as well so this might be a good check if you are buying privately in the future!

I'll post any more info that is relevant when I do the 'B' service in 13000 miles.

If you are near to West Sussex I'd happily recommend my friends garage.

I'll print off any further reset info on my next visit - just trying not to abuse the friendship!!

I think the sump oil qty as posted by Rory is a good one if like me you suck out the oil from overhead - it will save any overfilling problems.

Best regards

Last edited:

paul kenny

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK/2008/220
I have a late 2004 (so facelift) W203 - c270CDi and mine has the same menu. However I found that whatever oil type I selected it always resets to 13,000 miles.
I reset mine while playing around with it just before it went in for its first A service - resetting it flipped it to a B service. However resetting it over and over again it stayed on B! Dealer was slightly bemused by the car having 12800 miles to service but happily did an A service and it came out firmly showing B as next service.
I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE MESSAGE SAYING B SERVICE IS DUE
CAN YOU TELL ME THIS?
THIS IS FOR A 2008 CLK220

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom