C250 Re-Map Issue - Help needed

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
I change my Fuel filter every 2 years Diesel & petrol, and I do less than 10k per annum...

Last edited:

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I wouldn't let a Diesel fuel filter go that long, it is filthy fuel!!!!!

Can't be that filthy when it's used as a cleaning fluid for tar etc.

Russ

Jamieheron

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 sport plus 62reg
I don't think that a service or the fuel filter will sort the issue, but you never know...

I'm pretty sure manufacturers like VAG recommend the fuel filter change at 60K, the major service interval. Don't see it being too bad after 35k, although it will never harm to have it changed at earlier intervals.

This service is the major one, brake fluid etc...

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Can't be that filthy when it's used as a cleaning fluid for tar etc.

Russ

Run a tank of pure biodiesel through a diesel car for a month or three, then look at what it's dredged up out of the tank and brought into the filter. You'd be astonished how filthy fuel can be.

Lit.91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
This service is the major one, brake fluid etc...

Yeah I know, not advising against the service, just don't think that it will fix the problem. I change mine at every service interval, but know many that go through the 60k mark on the same fuel (diesel) filter with no problems at all.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
Run a tank of pure biodiesel through a diesel car for a month or three, then look at what it's dredged up out of the tank and brought into the filter. You'd be astonished how filthy fuel can be.

just don't do it on a CDi. you could be ASKING for trouble

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Damnit. I've just bought a new crystal ball too as I thought my other one was broken!

Lit.91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Annoying....and not even a mention of the tuners name

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
Yep, is this another 'quiz' thread:confused: were we guess...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
Annoying....and not even a mention of the tuners name

That would of been good to find out ?
Why start a thread asking for help then not follow it up ?
Each to their own I suppose .

ADZ7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MERC C250 2012
HI guys late to the party any updates with your maps worth it or not?

jucaralva

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 c250 CDI auto.
The problem is weird as it's only during part throttle around 2.5-3k rpm. It accelerates for a couple of seconds and then goes into limp mode. I demonstrated it to Nass and even he said it was weird.
Same problem in my tuned c250 CDI. But finally fixed!!!
DTC located issue at rail pressure, at intake pressure or at Torque limits (exceed). Some times went into limp, depending of different maps tried.
Y wanted to understand secuencial biturbo. So searched lot of info. I got most of it in english. It was hard for me (you have yet noticed my english is too short). I suspected the trouble was related with mode in turbo1 commutes to turbo2, overloading pressure and beeing unable to regulate it when tuned (more fuel= more exhaust gases pushing the high pressure first turbo), just in that range of rpm.
After understand the proccess, i had my hypotesis: It could go better if first turbo let the second one works before overload, opening commuter gate a bit quicker.
What i did was to play with actuators lenth. After multiple tests, i found fine and powerful engine running giving +3 turnes lengh to commuting gate actuator and -1.5 turnes to waste gate actuator. I guess this values are not the same for any cartography or car. You have to test yours.
I Hope this can help somebody to get best engine tuning for your 2012-13 250 CDI.

Last edited:

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Same problem in my tuned c250 CDI. But finally fixed!!!
DTC located issue at rail pressure, at intake pressure or at Torque limits (exceed). Some times went into limp, depending of different maps tried.
Y wanted to understand secuencial biturbo. So searched lot of info. I got most of it in english. It was hard for me (you have yet noticed my english is too short). I suspected the trouble was related with mode in turbo1 commutes to turbo2, overloading pressure and beeing unable to regulate it when tuned (more fuel= more exhaust gases pushing the high pressure first turbo), just in that range of rpm.
After understand the proccess, i had my hypotesis: It could go better if first turbo let the second one works before overload, opening commuter gate a bit quicker.
What i did was to play with actuators lenth. After multiple tests, i found fine and powerful engine running giving +3 turnes lengh to commuting gate actuator and -1.5 turnes to waste gate actuator. I guess this values are not the same for any cartography or car. You have to test yours.
I Hope this can help somebody to get best engine tuning for your 2012-13 250 CDI.

These wastgates are controlled by a wastgate duty cycle map X2. A good tuner should be able to identify where these maps are going wrong and which turbo's are being pushed too hard.

The ECU can do adaptions for the wastegates but can only compensate so much.

jucaralva

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 c250 CDI auto.
These wastgates are controlled by a wastgate duty cycle map X2. A good tuner should be able to identify where these maps are going wrong and which turbo's are being pushed too hard.

The ECU can do adaptions for the wastegates but can only compensate so much.
Sure!
Tuners do their works as fine as phisically is aproved. I played the mechanics just for make the right duty cycle possible.
Please remember the object of the discussion: many differently tuned Cars identified as 2012-13 mb 250 CDI with similar issue and no solution on multiple remap trying.
We are not talking about one or two non profesional tuners.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sure!
Tuners do their works as fine as phisically is aproved. I played the mechanics just for make the right duty cycle possible.
Please remember the object of the discussion: many differently tuned Cars identified as 2012-13 mb 250 CDI with similar issue and no solution on multiple remap trying.
We are not talking about one or two non profesional tuners.

No,, but we are talking about many remapping outfits that buy maps from other sources and are not making direct changes to the tuning themselves, instead flashing a "canned" tune with preset changes for that platform.

jucaralva

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 c250 CDI auto.
T
No,, but we are talking about many remapping outfits that buy maps from other sources and are not making direct changes to the tuning themselves, instead flashing a "canned" tune with preset changes for that platform.
Not my case.
I could watch the tuner how he edited the maps in Winols trying to adjust parameters. He's a reputated tuner in Spain, with hundreds of works done individually from original (no canned). You can also read here about other famous dealers (Gad....) that sure know boost duty cycle Maps. They also had similar troubles in similar vehicles.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T

Not my case.
I could watch the tuner how he edited the maps in Winols trying to adjust parameters. He's a reputated tuner in Spain, with hundreds of works done individually from original (no canned). You can also read here about other famous dealers (Gad....) that sure know boost duty cycle Maps. They also had similar troubles in similar vehicles.

In my opinion, this is interaction with the torque limiters in the tcu, and would need a tuner that can datalog both the ecu and tcu and modify maps on both of them.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom