C270 CDI 2002 Air Con Compressor failure

H

Humans First

My Air Con stopped working recently so took to our local independent who ran various diagnostic tests finally stating that "we're 99% sure it's the air con compressor internal failure"

They checked the control system for operation and found everything to be ok. Gas was also present in the system but no pressure change.

They're pretty good at diagnostics usually so I trust what they're saying but before I take the plunge and instruct them to go ahead and replace the compressor I thought I'd seek some other views from the forum.

Should I take somewhere else for a 2nd opinion? If I have to replace should I buy from Mercedes, buy from an independent supplier or is there an even cheaper option - ebay?

All thoughts/ideas gratefully received

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Think we have done four C,class compressors this year, among others, pretty easy to test.........

OP
H

Humans First

Think we have done four C,class compressors this year, among others, pretty easy to test.........

Thanks for responding but Southampton is a bit of a treck from Milton Keynes. Am I resigned to forking out c500 quid to fix?

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
often wise to let the garage that diagnosed the fault do the repair, that way if they were wrong you have some comeback. if doing this, always agree first who will pay what if it does not fix it.

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
They do fail intenally, and as above fairly common.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom