C32 AMG estate tow bar?

Denrob

Reaction score
Hi....Does anyone know if it is possible to fit a detachable tow bar to a 2003 C32 AMG estate? I have contacted tow bar fitters but 'computer say no'.
I only want to have the ability to tow a light trailer.
My wife claims to have recently seen a C32 saloon car fitted with a tow bar and twin electrics.
Can anyone help?......Thanks

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi & Welcome,

It will probably state in your manual "No" I think it is down to the rear bumper.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
We have had this before, as Blobcat in general due to the larger deeper bumpers fitted to AMG bodied cars

A210AMG

Reaction score
Hello.

Would this not just be a slight cut in the bumper? so it lines up with a 'normal' C-class estate.

I Had a detachable fitted to my bmw 330ci convertible and that had the //M sports kit. You then but a little extra cover that hides the cut. When detached you coudn't tell I had a towbar and the electric swing down.

I appeciate if the manual says you cannot tow with it, thats the problem if I went for an M3 at the time, but that was more due to the rear of the car being different design.

Cheers

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I would have thought that a metal plate under the toe hitch would strengthen the whole thing and lower it just enough

OP
D

Denrob

Reaction score
If it the only means of fitting one is by cutting into the rear bumper then I'll shelve the idea......Thanks for the suggestions Dennis

jrhs100

New Registration
Reaction score
c32 amg estate tow bar

Hi anyone - new to this. I am seriously considering a c32 amg estate having just sold an audi s4 avant because the exhaust system meant that fitting a towbar was not possible. I fear this may be the same with a c32 estate. Hs anyone heard of one being fitted and is it just a case of cutting away a small section of the rear bumper. I'd imagine that a clip on section can be made for a removable towbar.

Any views or ideas welcome.
Thanks
Jonny

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
Try Towcraft in Blackheath, near Dudley - www.towcraft.co.uk. They offer expert advice and fitted a detachable Westfalia bar to my W211 estate. I have no idea about the AMG bumper effect but they will. Whilst not cheap (£500 fitted) mine is ace - even the electrics socket hinges up under the bumper when not in use. Good luck.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom