1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C32 AMG estate tow bar?

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by Denrob, May 17, 2007.

1. Denrob

Denrob Member

Hi....Does anyone know if it is possible to fit a detachable tow bar to a 2003 C32 AMG estate? I have contacted tow bar fitters but 'computer say no'.
    I only want to have the ability to tow a light trailer.
    My wife claims to have recently seen a C32 saloon car fitted with a tow bar and twin electrics.
    Can anyone help?......Thanks

2. Blobcat

Blobcat Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    W213 E220d, Smart R451 CDI, Porsche 911 C2S, Land Rover 110 County SW
    Hi & Welcome,

It will probably state in your manual "No" I think it is down to the rear bumper.

3. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    We have had this before, as Blobcat in general due to the larger deeper bumpers fitted to AMG bodied cars

4. A210AMG

A210AMG Senior Member

Hello.

Would this not just be a slight cut in the bumper? so it lines up with a 'normal' C-class estate.

I Had a detachable fitted to my bmw 330ci convertible and that had the //M sports kit. You then but a little extra cover that hides the cut. When detached you coudn't tell I had a towbar and the electric swing down.

I appeciate if the manual says you cannot tow with it, thats the problem if I went for an M3 at the time, but that was more due to the rear of the car being different design.

Cheers

5. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    I would have thought that a metal plate under the toe hitch would strengthen the whole thing and lower it just enough

6. OP
    Denrob

Denrob Member

If it the only means of fitting one is by cutting into the rear bumper then I'll shelve the idea......Thanks for the suggestions Dennis

7. jrhs100

jrhs100 New Registration

c32 amg estate tow bar

Hi anyone - new to this. I am seriously considering a c32 amg estate having just sold an audi s4 avant because the exhaust system meant that fitting a towbar was not possible. I fear this may be the same with a c32 estate. Hs anyone heard of one being fitted and is it just a case of cutting away a small section of the rear bumper. I'd imagine that a clip on section can be made for a removable towbar.

Any views or ideas welcome.
    Thanks
    Jonny

8. Developer

Developer Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
    Try Towcraft in Blackheath, near Dudley - www.towcraft.co.uk. They offer expert advice and fitted a detachable Westfalia bar to my W211 estate. I have no idea about the AMG bumper effect but they will. Whilst not cheap (£500 fitted) mine is ace - even the electrics socket hinges up under the bumper when not in use. Good luck.