c36 and e36 parts enquiry

amgc36

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to replace the rear diff on my c36 and I've found a replacement off an E36. Does anybody know if this is a straight swap since the e class uses the same engine and auto box?

The seller has given me the chassis no. off the donor vehicle to check against my chassis no. but Mercedes have told me that the part numbers for the two diffs don't match. Just wondering if anybody knows any different as I can't imagine why mercedes would make 2 different parts for what is essentially the same drivetrain. Any info would be great!

thanks,
Ben

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
It could be different because the traction control is different on each car.

Diff casing could have one rear sensor and the other could have 2 rear sensors.

Depends on the original spec of the cars and what options were fitted.

OP
A

amgc36

Reaction score
Thanks. Would the actual diff casings be the same even if the sensors could be different?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom