C63 Head Bolts?

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
That's the spirit. No point worrying about something that is extremely unlikely to happen.

Baz43

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2012 C63 AMG 125 edition
Hi All,

New to this kind of thing but felt the need to post/reply to advise you all of my current situation!

Bought a privately owned 2012 C63 AMG 125 edition 8 months ago with 48k on the clock, purchased a tier1 warranty directly through AWP (official MB warranty co.) for just a tad over £2K.

Started getting low coolant warning on the dash every 3 or 4 days (topped up on a couple of occasions with the correct coolant etc), no overheating, no running rough, no smoke out the back, no signs of milky oil etc etc.
Took it to local main dealer (west london) who, after spending 15 hours just to remove the top end to determine what was wrong (£2100+VAT) advised that a single head bolt had sheared and being as this was built in-house by AMG, the bolts pass through cooling gallery thus coolant had travelled up/down the thread and was allowed to cross contaminate with the oil.
Although the head gasket was confirmed as still being intact and not breached/failed in any way!

After a 2 week struggle, MB have finally made a 50% "goodwill" offer but the warranty company have refused to cover the rest as the warranty "does not cover cylinder head bolts"!!
I now have to wait till monday to argue this with them, as all I've read on previous posts/threads is that warranty usually covers this???
Just for info, the last 6 digits on my engine number start with 73, so 60658 is way before mine!

Any thought provoking reply's would be greatly received, other than that, I just felt the need to "put it out there" for other peoples information!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom