S350 bluetec
Does anyone know of a good car vac?

OP
Philip bowers

Philip bowers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 bluetec
I have a bit of a problem with my s350 (60) i picked up the car about a month ago, I had to wait for it as they were awaiting a new icu unit from mercedes, after week one it had to go back as engine management light came on, it needed a new knock sensor, something to do with the exhaust, a week later management light on again, this time it needed software updates from mercedes, and the knock sensor was showing to be faulty so Mercedes sent out another, I’ve now had it back a week and management light has come on again this evening, I just wonder if anyone else has had this problem? I will say though the garage has been nothing but helpful and are picking car up again tmrw with sincere apologies.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I have a bit of a problem with my s350 (60) i picked up the car about a month ago, I had to wait for it as they were awaiting a new icu unit from mercedes, after week one it had to go back as engine management light came on, it needed a new knock sensor, something to do with the exhaust, a week later management light on again, this time it needed software updates from mercedes, and the knock sensor was showing to be faulty so Mercedes sent out another, I’ve now had it back a week and management light has come on again this evening, I just wonder if anyone else has had this problem? I will say though the garage has been nothing but helpful and are picking car up again tmrw with sincere apologies.
Take it you haven't had a chance to use your new car vac in your new car then yet :D . Hope the car gets sorted , sounds like a right nuisance .

OP
Philip bowers

Philip bowers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 bluetec
No chance do do much at all yet no :) all that aside I love the car

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
I very much doubt the part they are changing is at fault , id sneakily get someone with a scan too; to see what codes are there before they take it away again pal

OP
Philip bowers

Philip bowers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 bluetec
Thanks, it is a shame as kinda spoiling my new car fun, but with a years warranty I’m glad it’s now and not later

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
oh for sure pal but taking 3 attempts to cure the same problem smells iffy to me , ive fixed quite a few merc's and never had to do the same job twice

OP
Philip bowers

Philip bowers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 bluetec
Hello people, I have a new problem, windscreen wiper squeaking and juddering, I’ve tried all the different cleaning methods of both blades and screen, and it’s still the same, I’ve contacted the dealer and he said it had new blades in November, but will send me a new set (mb) as he did notice a little squeak when he drove my car back to sort my other issue, which I’m glad to say seems ok now, can anyone shed any light on my wiper problem?

OP
Philip bowers

Philip bowers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 bluetec
Nothing from anyone?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Its almost always something on the screen. Sometimes a bent arm can cause it.
Failing that try PIAA Silicon blades.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I sometimes find that using shampoo that contains wax or other synthetic modifiers can cause juddering on older blades . For me new blades always cures it .
You can try clay barring the screen , or using something like bar keepers friend to clean the screen .
The very fine 0000 grade wire wool can also be used on the screen .

OP
Philip bowers

Philip bowers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 bluetec
Ok thanks, new blades are on there way, I’m not convinced it’s them though, the blades do seem tight on the screen, I’ll try the new blades then your suggestions on cleaning if needs be

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ok thanks, new blades are on there way, I’m not convinced it’s them though, the blades do seem tight on the screen, I’ll try the new blades then your suggestions on cleaning if needs be
Maybe try a decent screen wash as well if you don't already to keep the screen clearer ?

OP
Philip bowers

Philip bowers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 bluetec
Ok I’ll try that to, what’s a decent one? It’s ****** annoying, quiet car but the noisiest wipers I’ve ever had

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
My wipers tend to judder the faster I go (not silly mph), mine more than the passenger's. New wipers work for a short time, both OE & others, then they start to judders again. I've cleaned the screen many times ..... o_O

OP
Philip bowers

Philip bowers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 bluetec
Can anyone help, I am driving to France next month, do I need to put those stickers on my lights or do they automatically convert? I have a 2011 s350

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Can anyone help, I am driving to France next month, do I need to put those stickers on my lights or do they automatically convert? I have a 2011 s350

Nothing in the manual? :rolleyes:
Stickers do nothing on modern plastic lens headlights. There'll either be a lever inside the back of the headlight to cut off the upward kick to the left or some of the really clever newer cars it can be done from the dash cluster.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom