Car running hot e250 cdi coupe 2015

Jessehollywood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 cdi coupe
My car is running hot but not over Heating
Plus there's black exhaust soot all over the back of the car
Iv took it to Mercedes twice for them to tell me everything's fine but ino the car is not running fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Howdo. How do you know it's running hot? Does it go much above 90/95 on the temp gauge?

OP
J

Jessehollywood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 cdi coupe
Howdo. How do you know it's running hot? Does it go much above 90/95 on the temp gauge?

Temp gauge is normal on the dash but after 5 mins of normal driving engine smells hot and if you stand next to the car heat pumps out of the front wheel arches and exhaust pumping hot air out and black soot over the back of the car

My friend has the same car with the same engine and he's does not do it

OP
J

Jessehollywood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 cdi coupe
Temp gauge is normal on the dash but after 5 mins of normal driving engine smells hot and if you stand next to the car heat pumps out of the front wheel arches and exhaust pumping hot air out and black soot over the back of the car

My friend has the same car with the same engine and he's does not do it

It's quite concerning seeing as the car has only covered 25000 miles and is still under warranty till January 2018 but Mercedes are adamant the car is fine which refuse to believe

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Try another dealer or perhaps get an indy assessment.

tode

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S350 btec 2011
There should definitely be no black soot coming from the exhaust (or elsewhere ;) ).

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
There should definitely be no black soot coming from the exhaust (or elsewhere ;) ).

Agree with this modern diesels should not have black sooty exhausts.

Worth checking to see if the exhaust has been messed with unless you have had it from new.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wabby

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MY17 C250d Coupè
Could be doing a regen.

That would explain the excess heat ... maybe even *some* soot.

OP
J

Jessehollywood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 cdi coupe
Could be doing a regen.

That would explain the excess heat ... maybe even *some* soot.

Mercedes said regen but I can't believe at such an early stage it's doing a regen ....it's sad because I have not had the car long and now I'm reluctant to just get rid as I fear with it running this way it will cause damage to the engine in the long run

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
A full DPF regeneration on mine can take 10-15 miles and if you turn the engine off mid-way through the regen it will continue at the next start-up when up to temperature. The heat coming from underneath the car can be quite disconcerting at first until you get used to the fact that the engine will do this every 300-500 miles and it is quite 'normal'

What type of motoring are you giving the car is it used for a lot of short runs?

OP
J

Jessehollywood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 cdi coupe
A full DPF regeneration on mine can take 10-15 miles and if you turn the engine off mid-way through the regen it will continue at the next start-up when up to temperature. The heat coming from underneath the car can be quite disconcerting at first until you get used to the fact that the engine will do this every 300-500 miles and it is quite 'normal'

What type of motoring are you giving the car is it used for a lot of short runs?
I cover about 800 miles a week with a mix of A roads B roads and occasion m25 Iv took it on several 30 mile motorway runs to see if it's the Dpf ...but still I feel excess heat I'm off to a garage this morning for more checks

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Does sound like there is a problem, hope you make progress with it this morning, get them to check for a transmission oil leak if that gets on the exhaust it might show similar symptoms

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
I have not had the car long
How long? One option might be to return it to the selling dealer and ask for a refund - but that will depend on how long you have had it.

There is certainly something wrong. In the seven years that I have had mine I have never been aware of a regen taking place other than a slight burning smell on rare occasions when I get out if the car.

I am not technical enough to make any suggestions but I wonder whether the previous owner did something to the DPF or something associated with that system?

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom