Cat needed for w124 E280 estate

tobyd

Reaction score
Website
www.lucidglassjewellery.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E280T 94 2.8
Hi,
The cats shot in my '94 w124 E280 estate. I need to get a replacement but really looking for the cheapest part possible as cash is tight. Has anyone any ideas where I may get one from?

Thanks Toby.
PS. Looking for a 5th 8 Hole so I can refurb the others - what size are they (offset and all that)?.

dean36014

Reaction score
Bought one for my E250 from these
http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/
Cost me £128 delivered to my door and came with a full fitting kit. fitted perfectly, delivered next day, no complaints at all. best price fitted from exhaust places around coventry was £210, so a nice saving for an hours work.

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
tobyd

Unless the cat is physically broken ie. rattling, you should check the lambda sensor first if you have high emissions.

Cats should last the life of the car on the older type Mercs. It is the lambda sensors that wear out, as they lose their effectiveness.

Do you know if your lambda sensor (oxygen sensor) feedback system is working properly, you could probably leave your cat off the car and still pass the MOT, in terms of acceptable emissions.

Of course you cannot physically leave the cat off as it is a legal requirement to have one for your model year, but you get the jist of what I am saying.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom