ce320 5spd

Del64

Reaction score
Hi Newbie intro post.
I am currently Admin on www.the7seriesregister.co.uk and have a 93 750i V12 BMW as my hobby car. Daily driver is a company car that I am trying to get out of ASAP and brings me to my question.
I plan on adding Stuttgart's last classic coupe to my Bavarian baby and was wondering what the story is on the engine. I have heard one or two Head gasket tales. Car I have my eye on a 1994 auto in azurite with mushroom leather cruise CD a/c and 17" AMG lookalike alloys, has not yet been inspected by me or my Deutsche tuning spanner man so i don't know if the head has been done but, that aside is the box reliable? suspension balljoints etc?
I fancy the coupe for the sheer beauty of the lines with the windows retracted and the 320/300 for the sliky smooth six, however if a mint e220 cale along should I consider this for a 38 mile commute on A/ dual carriageway and B road driving?
Many thanks and sorry for mentioning the big bad B** word :rolleyes:
Derek

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Nothing wrong with the big BM's, I had a 735i once.

Re heads and gearboxes on MB's, they are on the whole no more trouble than any thing else, I never had any problems and I know many people who have them. Ball joints wear on all cars, and they average on this score.
I too have always loved the look of the CE's right from the stacked headlight version back in the mid 60's.

Malcolm

OP
D

Del64

Reaction score
Thanks,
I will definately go look at this one once I get the nod at work.
Agree on the stack headlight ones I stop at a hotel in Hampstead where a stunning restored 250ce automatic circa 1966 lives, always makes me smile in respect every time I see it

Seeker_UK

Reaction score
Del64 said:
Car I have my eye on a 1994 auto in azurite with mushroom leather cruise CD a/c and 17" AMG lookalike alloys, has not yet been inspected by me or my Deutsche tuning spanner man so i don't know if the head has been done but, that aside is the box reliable? suspension balljoints etc?

Hi Del,

If it's the one I think your looking at (I kind of wanted it too but it's some distance from me) then if it's OK, knock th egarage down a bit on it, it's been for sale for quite a while now.

OP
D

Del64

Reaction score
Sure has its now under £4K I would do a bid of £3.5 and see (provided i can get the nod soon)

Apial

Reaction score
Are you looking for a Sportline version?

I assume that this was still an option after the 320 came out. Lowered stiffer suspension and quicker steering plus wider alloys was the largest part of it. Optional bits were the smaller leather steering wheel and leather gear knob, and also a sportline chequered cloth interior.

OP
D

Del64

Reaction score
my wish list is FMBSH around 100 >120K miles in silver, pale blue, blue/black Azurite blue, grey or black, mint leather A/C alloys 8 hole wider style or 17" AMG,
a good sorted hi-fi set up, cruise sunroof all on the list too
Sportline would be nice but not essential.
Engne a 3.2 a 2.2 or a 3.0 will all do me proud.

I guess I am saying that I am open to many configurations with one or two must have's

rob hamill

Reaction score
E220 coupe

i had the 300ce carat duchatelet...superb! ( see photos on site )now i have a 94- E220 in midnight blue with sand leather 90.000 mls and not one stone chip. silky smooth, still the same driving experience, but not the same punch. slightly better fuel consumption. will send some photos soon....rob.

Top Bottom