Central Locking/alarm Issue?

AJW

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB CLK 320
Hi All...

Bit new at this, so apologies for anything stupid...

I've recently purchased an older CLK 320 (2001/Y plate).

The other morning I got up and for somme reason the central locking system has gone a bit mental. I have 2 keys that both have 3 options (Lock, unlock and boot unlock) - these have been working fine for the last 5 weeks...

But now none of the buttons perform their functions on either key. The lock and boot button appear to do nothing.

The unlock button illicits a reaction, but instead of the usual unlock it just makes the indicators flash and turns on the internal lights - the doors remained locked, and as I discovered when using the manual key, the alarm remains active. The engine still starts with keys, but then the alarm sounds every 30 seconds or so.

I guess it's something to with a control module that interprets the signals from the RF (the infared doesn't appear to be working either).

Does anyone have any idea what this could be - ideally i'd like to resolve this myself.. but i'm hoping not to look stupid if talking to a mechanic...

All help is greatly appreciated.....

Thanks...

Philip Butterworth

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320
Hi, I had an identical problem recently with my CLK 320 (1999). The red light flashed in the key fob ok, but I was told that the batteries might still need replacing. My wife solved the problem by driving over a speed hump!!! She said there was a strange sound from underneath the car and the alarm stopped sounding. Now the central locking appears to work perfectly?????? Any ideas why this should happen or what she did????

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi, I had an identical problem recently with my CLK 320 (1999). The red light flashed in the key fob ok, but I was told that the batteries might still need replacing. My wife solved the problem by driving over a speed hump!!! She said there was a strange sound from underneath the car and the alarm stopped sounding. Now the central locking appears to work perfectly?????? Any ideas why this should happen or what she did????

Probably the siren fell to bits inside on the PCB

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom