Central locking

Daves W202

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 c200 elegance
Hi guys, I have a 1997 c200 w202. The locks dont work from the remote but the drivers door opens from the pull out key blade all the locks work fine except the boot lock from the button inside is this the key? As the led doesnt light up. Now the boot lock does work from the key blade but not from the dash button. I replaced the battery the other day an found a clear plastic tube going thru the boot floor just 2 the left of the battery thats disconnected. I cant find where its supposed to go as its disconnected just wondering if its a vacuum hose. Please help!!

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
Your central locking fault might be simply a blown fuse or a fuse that is missing from the fuse box, there is a fuse chart inside the fuse box lid under the bonnet and in the boot fuse box lid also.

The tube vents the battery gasses to the outside of the car. At the end of the battery, closest to the tube, there will be a hole where this tube fits into. It will, in the case of a new battery have a bung/blanking cover, remove this and plug the tube into the hole.

Dec

attachment.php

OP
D

Daves W202

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 c200 elegance
Ok had a look this afternoon there is no blown or missing fuses. The battery I got does not have a vent port.

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
What type of remote key fob do you have?
Is your remote key fob working ok, test it and change the batteries if the haven’t been replaced recently.

KeyfobAndBatteries.jpg

Do you hear the vacuum pump running or have you ever heard it running… it makes whining noise for a few seconds when you lock/unlock the car, its located inside the boot wing driver side.

Dec

attachment.php

OP
D

Daves W202

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 c200 elegance
Mine is the electronic type key with a removeable metal blade. Changed the batteries but the led doesnt light up on the key when u push a button. Yeah I can hear the vacuum pump.

OP
D

Daves W202

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 c200 elegance
Just checked the key viewed it through my phone camera there is no light coming from the key. Think I might have a duff key:(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
probably the tactile switch come off the PCB,,I fixed 2 last week for this fault

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
How many buttons are on the key fob Dave, the can’t all be broken, are you sure the batteries are the right way around when the were installed?... its easy to put them in the wrong way if you haven't changed that particular fob before.

Dec

OP
D

Daves W202

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 c200 elegance
There are 3 buttons on the fob batteries in correct way but when i removed the battery cassette to check if u shake the fob theres something rattling inside.

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
Looks like you have found the fault alright, be very careful with the fob, what is rattling is probably very tiny and ease lost, the PCB… Printed Circuit Board … needs to be removed and what has become lose inside the fob may be re-attached by re-soldering (by someone who knows how) and the fob repaired.

Dec

OP
D

Daves W202

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 c200 elegance
Cant see how it comes apart are they just 2 halves that prise apart?

OP
D

Daves W202

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 c200 elegance
Thank you all for your help il have a go at taking the pcb out tonight.

OP
D

Daves W202

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 c200 elegance
Looks like i need a new key pulled the pcb out no obvious problems batteries in correct way etc so il bite the bullet and order another key:mad:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You can post it to me and I can check it for you

Top Bottom