Change to Mercedes Perferation Warranty...

NEON

Reaction score
Hey,

Can anyone help me....

last month I spotted rust on all 4 panels of my 180 C (2002 plate). When the dealership said that its all covered by the warrenty and I'd get a courtsey car, I was very relieved!

But that all quickly changed! The bodywork people said that I wouldnt get a courtsey car (its not in the warrenty) and more importantly that actually Mercedes would only be paying 80% as 'GOOD WILL' because the car doesn't have a full service history (which was down to the previous owner) which makes the 30 year warranty void! So now I have to pay £400!!!

When speaking to the dealership and the bodywork company they both said that Mercedes had changed the policy in May 09 and now all customers would have to pay a contribution!!! I called Merc head office and they deny any change to policies... but I don't believe them!

I've seen someone else referencing this change in a blog too, but does anyone have any proof? Or has anyone, since Jun09 that doesn't have a full service history, had their rust repaired free of charge by mercedes? If I could get one example where it had been paid then maybe it'll help my case!

I love Mercedes, but the whole repair process and customer service has been a total shambles and has put me right off mercedes!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Becks

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
There seems to be a lot of different opinions on what the actual warranty is.

From what I have gathered so far:

30 years is for perforation, dependent on a FSH
8 years for non perforating rust dependent on a FSH

myself, I fell foul of this as my car was originally purchased via Holland so MBUK are not interested in any work I may need.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Have you been reading all of the rust threads,,all current topics here right now

Top Bottom