Changed battery on 308D, now its dead!

308d

Reaction score
What happened? I have a 1998 308D Sprinter. The orange pre-glow bulb that you wait to go out before starting no longer comes on. Instead I have lots of red light including an exclaimation mark and battery. The starter motor turns the engine but no firing.:(

I'm usually pretty good at finding answers on t'internet but this ones got me. I hope somebody can help because I'm supposed to moving house next week and really need it.

Any info greatly appreciated.

OP

308d

Reaction score
I simply disconnected the old one and took it out, then put the new one in and connected it.

When I discovered the problem i even put the old one back in as a test to see if things worked again. They didn't so I put the new one back on again.

OP

308d

Reaction score
found the problem. the cable for heating the plugs had come away when i changed the battery due to rust. seems i will have to pay about 100 euros for a new "box" or get someone clever to solder it together

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom