Changing anti-freeze - Want to change anti-freeze on E300TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveK

Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to change the anti-freeze in the cooling system of my W210 E300TD. I'm planning a 50% concentration. Can I assume that any "normal" anti-freeze will be OK (i.e. MB didn't use any magical, super-expensive stuff)? Are there any gotchas to watch out for when re-filling? I don't want to get any air-locks.

TIA
Dave K

sunil sood

Reaction score
Changing anti-freeze

i used the febi brand merc approved antifreeze in my 190e.-good results so far.
got it at a good price from gsfcarparts.com /eurocarparts.com-as yours is the e class-check with them what is compatible for your model and as far as concetration is corcerned i was guided by my owners instuction manual which came with my car.
hope this helps

imported_dieselman

Reaction score
Changing anti-freeze

Dave
Use any quality anti-freeze made for part aluminium engines. Rain water is best for soft water but failing that use de-mineralised water. You are right to go to 50% solution.  
Drain the radiator first and then engine using the drain under no.6 exhaust manifold.  Reach up from below.
Refil slowly to avoid air locks, massage the lower rad hose.  When full start up and leave idleing, keep massaging and filling.  The bottom hose wont fill properly until the thermostat opens.  Fit the cap, take for a drive and refil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom