Chrome trim

Albee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 E300
Any ideas? Most of the 'chrome' trim around windows is showing signs of 'water' spots, leaving 'milky'stains. I pretty sure the trim is only plastic with some sort of anodised finish, but would like to know a 'safe' way to remove these marks? So far I've tried nothing, and am awaiting the forum!!
Cheers 4 now
ps. i don't suppose this would be covered by MB corrosion warranty? (2014 car)

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
First 'home' remedy would be vinegar, try 1 part to 2 parts water to begin and apply with a paper towel- rinse off then buff. There are more specific car type solutions from Meguairs etc., but worth trying the cheap way first.
I doubt very much MB would cover this on the corrosion warranty

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
Any ideas? Most of the 'chrome' trim around windows is showing signs of 'water' spots, leaving 'milky'stains. I pretty sure the trim is only plastic with some sort of anodised finish, but would like to know a 'safe' way to remove these marks? So far I've tried nothing, and am awaiting the forum!!
Cheers 4 now
ps. i don't suppose this would be covered by MB corrosion warranty? (2014 car)

Really annoying this, I've tried all sorts and nothing will remove these marks.
It's a fault and MB will not acknowledge it, I've considered getting them wrapped.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Really annoying this, I've tried all sorts and nothing will remove these marks.
It's a fault and MB will not acknowledge it, I've considered getting them wrapped.
I thought about getting just the trims across the top of the doors on my old W204 and that was quoted at £250 !! Plus they weren't an easy fit either. IE the door mirrors had to come off !!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I'll be getting a quote next week to have all my chrome wrapped black so I'll share that with you for interest...
( I'm also getting a cost for camouflage wrap too but that's just a 'notion'- doubt I'll do that!)

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 '63 E350 coupe amg sport
I'll be getting a quote next week to have all my chrome wrapped black so I'll share that with you for interest...
( I'm also getting a cost for camouflage wrap too but that's just a 'notion'- doubt I'll do that!)
Jungle or desert?

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Go to 'mercedessource' on Youtube (or google it).
There you will find, among a wealth of hints and tips, a video showing how to retore the 'chrome' trim around doors, windows, etc. on Mercs.

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
Great find that there's loads of info on there.
The bloke sounds like the yank from the Enterprise car rental add.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom