1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CL W216 INTERMITTENT ABS-ESP-RUN FLAT WARNING DASH LIGHT

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by shine, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Submariner1

Submariner1 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL500 2009 5.5
    Thanks, It was tricky because the faulty earth point red herring, masked the real issue.
    I don't blame the Mobilo guy, as he was really trying to save me a shed load of money.
    His thoughts were also logical, namely suddenly all four sensors give problems and the “central” controllers earth looks dodgy.
    If only it hadnt been frozen on, one twist of a spanner and some emery paper could have ruled that out.

And then I would have realised this required real work, and would have put it into an Indy and saved myself £200.

The fact it was intermittant was the real issue.

I learnt a lot, but at a price.
    One of the key things is apparrently my controller compares each sensor to the normal value; BUT ALSO compares its values to the other 3!

2. OP
    shine

shine Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL W216 + SL350
    After trying everything you suggested nothing would clear the fault so I went to Colin at MBS and they put the CL on STAR...diagnosed faulty front off side sensor so after replacing just the one sensor everything ok to date.

bembo449 likes this.
  3. Submariner1

Submariner1 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL500 2009 5.5
    Glad to hear ... you are very lucky having Colin so near.

Lucky you only having one bad sensor. :)

4. OP
    shine

shine Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL W216 + SL350
    Thanks Peter, Glad Colin@MBS sorted the problem, Just love the CL full of surprises always expensive ones.
    The voltage will still not show on the dash after trying the buttons you suggested.

How is Windsor today, not too many people I hope.

Last edited: May 19, 2018