cl420

F

FOZZY

Hi all well i think its time to move up from my ce220 to a cl420 can any body tell me the good & the bad about the cl seen them for around 5000 - 7000 thats just in budget last year i looked at the sl320 but it was not for me any help will do & thanks to you all for the help over the past year with the ce
best regards to you all fozzy

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Fozzy

Go for the CL500, I have a 1995 CL or S500, prefer this year as the 1997 cars had the different bumper with parking sensors fitted, go for the 500 over the 420, the 500 is 315 BHP and fuel economy isnt that different between the engines.

The CL suffers from corrosion on the front wings, corner of the arches, they all do this, parts are expensive for these, coils £80, headlamp glass £180, Shocks £70, things to check, all the toys, windows, soft closure, seats etc.
look for paint repairs, check wheels and tires and when driving, listen for noise, droaning, rumbles etc, engines are good on these and with regular oil changes they should be good for many miles, and rattles on cold startup then walk away.
Time to buy is now, lots around and a buyers market, also make sure the grill isnt damaged, a new grill for one of these is £600.

jib

OP
F

FOZZY

thanks Jib am looking at one in the morning its a 500 full S/H with 98k & AA report i will keep your points in mind & thanks again fozzy

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom