CL500 2002, No sound through radio

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
at least you are getting somewhere....

wasn't the advice to remove one unit at a time and see where u r ?
in which case the first time you took the CD player out of the loop you should have identified the culprit.... I guess the hind sight bit (and helpful for others) is take the power and the fibre out of the loop and not just loop out fibre?

OP
Boydonegood

Boydonegood

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2002 & C350 CDI 2010
Yes I was advised to isolate each piece of kit but I got confussed as a lot of the talk was about the FO link. Maybe I got too hooked up in the FO system. . Sorry. I totally appreciate and listen to all the advice I’m given on both here the Range Rover and the Rolls Royce forums and act on everyone’s things to try.
But to be honest I was under the impression that I needed to remove each item piece by piece by removing/bypassing the Fiber Link. Didn’t think to totally remove Fiber and power.
I thought once the fiber is bypassed/removed the unit wouldn’t be interacting with the next unit as didn’t know the units interacted through the live and negative supply too.

Having now stripped the CD player to get the cd cartridge out.. the whole electrical PCB and internal connections are burnt and melted.

Thanks too everyone who offered advice or things to try. It is only by people helping me out that I’m able to keep this type of car on the road

Terry

Top Bottom