CLA disaster

graphikill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 180 AMG Sport
So i worked hard all year to be given a contract hire vehicle from work as a reward!!!

I got a CLA 180 AMG Sport in white, fantastic car to drive, just the right amount of poke mixed with style and have driven around 1100 miles in total.

On my way to work the car lost all engine power and I had to move to the hard shoulder and await recovery, I kept trying to start the car but nothing, Full set of lights but zero response from the engine, just hovered around the 100 RPM mark them stopped.

The car is apparently having a new engine from Mercedes but I may have to wait until December for it to arrive then obviously it needs fitting and testing too.

The garage it got recovered to have been brilliant (blackburn) but with it being contract hired direct form Mercedes they are only responsible for getting it back on the road, not solving any issues i have with replacing the car.

I am asking for a new car, but has anyone else had any issues similar?

PovertySpec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi 07/57
Can't help with the dead engine but whoever is being paid to supply you a car is responsible for seeing you're not without a car until 'your' car is fixed.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
if you contacted Mobilo (Mercedes Benz breakdown service) they should be providing you with a loan car until yours is fixed, simple. These are supplied via Europcar. No ifs or buts, contract hire or not, even more so if the contract hire is with Mercedes

OP
G

graphikill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 180 AMG Sport
I have a courtesy car, but its a standard E220, (I know this sounds like 1st world problem) but its not an AMG-Sport spec interior, it drives like a boat.

I'm not happy that I'm potentially without my car until December.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
whinge at them until they give you something more appropriate for you, that's what I did, probably not much else you can do at this stage really.

OP
G

graphikill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 180 AMG Sport
From experience BMW usually give you a better spec car then you had to try and make sure you buy one next time!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
that seems to be variable dealer to dealer with Mercedes in my view.
slightly off topic but my leasing company (Arval) just sent me a bill for 6 x days overrun in my contract hire period because my E300 had been in MB Liverpool broken down and they couldn't collect it!! WTF :confused:

OP
G

graphikill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 180 AMG Sport
Ive got a 24 month contract with MB but I want the time adding on to the end of the agreement or a monetary compensation

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Ive got a 24 month contract with MB but I want the time adding on to the end of the agreement or a monetary compensation

I would want a replacement car as you have "lost faith" in the one they provided, I would also not be paying any money while the car is off the road

OP
G

graphikill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 180 AMG Sport
The most annoying thing is Mercedes keep saying they have 5 days to respond, that's fine on day one, but at day 20 you don't want to hear 'another 5 days'

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Who is it leased through, if direct from MB then I would contact them directly, if not them contact the leasing company, ignore the garage

OP
G

graphikill

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 180 AMG Sport
Direct from Mercedes benz,

so far I have the car at Blackburn (who have ordered a new engine under warranty under instructions from Mercedes)

Mercedes UK are handling the complaint

Mercedes Fleet are looking at replacing it if the engine is going to be to long to deliver - after me complaining

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Direct from Mercedes benz,

so far I have the car at Blackburn (who have ordered a new engine under warranty under instructions from Mercedes)

Mercedes UK are handling the complaint

Mercedes Fleet are looking at replacing it if the engine is going to be to long to deliver - after me complaining

Go to MB Leasing and state your complaint, don't pay them anything until the car is back as part of your compensation package for a faulty car

S500al

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 A160,W210 E430 estate and a king of kings.... W215 CL600 BI TURBO
that seems to be variable dealer to dealer with Mercedes in my view.
slightly off topic but my leasing company (Arval) just sent me a bill for 6 x days overrun in my contract hire period because my E300 had been in MB Liverpool broken down and they couldn't collect it!! WTF :confused:

Road rage Liverpool?... nuff said, the people who look down on you like a dog turd on their shoe when buying parts for a car over 3 years old (even if its one of the best models they ever sold)... I hate dealing with them but sadly they are now my closest steeler after west kirby wirral closed down.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
correct- Inchcape now.
I have written to Mercedes Benz customer care - let's see what happens. I did get the courtesy of a telephone call this morning at least acknowledging they are looking into my claim. I dropped the hint that I had moved to Audi until the new E comes out, but......

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
To be fair, an E Class is a lot better car than a CLA! Even if you didn't get the AMG spec you desired. Just try to enjoy the comfort!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom