Classic?

tonybooth

Reaction score
Watching various programs, I note that certain cars of the 90s are now becoming 'classics'. I have owned a 1992 300E 124 for about 6 years and in all that time I have only seen one other, E300's yes but not 300E's. It is a cracking car with 137000 miles and admittedly the only Merc I have owned but can they come much better or apparently as rare. I've had bits to put right, but generally speaking not a lot and it has gone through the last 3 tests without fault.

My cheeky question is, to anybodys knowledge could this model be a 'classic' in the foreseeable future please.

Thank you. Tony Booth. (Halifax)

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
In my view, it's already as much of a classic as its going to be in the foreseeable future.
A good one will always command a premium as people regard the 124 as the last of the 'old school' mercs, before they went high tech and cut costs.

But define classic? If you mean an old car that people look at and appreciate, then yes its a classic. If you mean appreciate in value, then whilst it won't depreciate any more, its unlikely to appreciate much either.

The E300/300E difference was just the naming convention. E used to be used to describe injected cars. When all mercs became fuel injected, and they released lots of other models, the changed it to mean the model designation - E class, C class etc and prefixed the CC designation. So, it just depends on when it was built.

Top Bottom