Cleaning a soft top

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
Whoops, also forgot to mention that after the cleaning stage, I used our VAX cleaner with just warm water to suck out any loose dirt, amazing how mucky the water was.

philreed52

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
270clk
Thanks Philreed52, I may consider recolouring depending how the good looks after cleaning/reproofing, what cleaner would you recommend?
The tent/ awning cleaners are gentle and do not ruin waterproofing everyone is mentioning Milton but use it with caution as it is of the bleach family . Have seen it over used on canvas and taken colour out .
It certainly will kill the algae and stop regrowth, we use to use it sparingly to kill mildew .liked the wax idea never thought of that !! Thinking of buying a soft top in near future so keeping all this info for future .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

philreed52

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
270clk
The tent/ awning cleaners are gentle and do not ruin waterproofing everyone is mentioning Milton but use it with caution as it is of the bleach family . Have seen it over used on canvas and taken colour out .
It certainly will kill the algae and stop regrowth, we use to use it sparingly to kill mildew .liked the wax idea never thought of that !! Thinking of buying a soft top in near future so keeping all this info for future .

Meant VAX ****** predictive text !

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
Just done my annual deep clean and reproofing.
Treated with Milton fluid.
Renovo Shampoo & soft bristle brush.
Renovo Shampoo & VAX
Renovo recolour.
Renovo Ultraproofing
It’s looking great. I’ll be putting Gummi Pfledge on all the seals tomorrow.
Then wheels & body:D

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpeg
    IMG_0743.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 3

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 W213 OM654 E220 Estate (the main driver) and 2010 A207 E500 (now 'the Summer Car')
Just done my annual deep clean and reproofing.
Treated with Milton fluid.
Renovo Shampoo & soft bristle brush.
Renovo Shampoo & VAX
Renovo recolour.
Renovo Ultraproofing
It’s looking great. I’ll be putting Gummi Pfledge on all the seals tomorrow.
Then wheels & body:D
Well done looks very good

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom