Clk320 208 2001 anti roll bar problem

daryn9767

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 2001 320
Hi, i have a issue with the roll bars going up or down on my clk320 208 model, when i open the roof the windows go down but the roll bars dont, they will operate from the switch but i have to manually release the rear part of the roof from the tournee by using the key spanner in the boot.the roof then folds down off the switch no proplem and window come up in the closing sequence, sometimes the roll bars will come up too with the windows., there is no fault lights on the switch when roof is down. When i put the roof back up the roll bars will go down with the windows and will go through the sequence no problem until after you manually clip the roof back into place at the front then the windows will go back up but no roll bars this causes the fault light to flash and beeb when ypu 1st start the car and drive, also the boot will not open due to the fault, i have to press the roll bar button up or down and press the boot release at the same time to release the boot? Im thinking its a problem with the roll bars some how but cant see any issues, they work from the switch of so hydrualics are working, is there a micro switch or something causing the problem,,anyone else had this problem, had the limit bow switch replaced few months ago and pump relay for other roof issues, when i try to use the switch to put roof down and at the stage where the roll bars should go fown the or even if i put the roll bars down manually the rear lock that holds the window part of the roof will not release and makes a clunking noise like it trys to release but is jammed, i took that to because the roll bars hadnt registered they were in position? Would love to get this fixed properly as car is beautiful

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome, I have to papers that I can send and you should be able to pin point the problem

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Can you please activate your Email address in your user CP top left

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom