CLK55 Convertible 2016 - 2017 renewal

SteveX

Reaction score
Got my renewal through from Admiral, not at all bad, £245, 10 years NCB being used on it, 37 years old.

That's for 8k miles per year max, SDP, fully comp with protected NCB. (Even though its been less than 4k the past couple of years).

I believe I had zero excess before though, but that does appear to be £150 now, may call and see if they will knock it off like they did last year.

Seems even though tax went up, it's still about the same price give or take a couple of pounds.

I was surprised, expected it to come to renewal time and then have to phone around and cancel.

For 2015 - 2016 I was with Shielas Wheels, for £225, at renewal in 2016 it came through at £580!

Admiral last year was £242 so nice to see they kept it competitive for a change.

Hastings on compare sites came in at the best for this car for me other than Admiral at a a few pennies under.

Last edited:

dreadlockdw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 500 cabriolet 2005; E280 1993
I'm a fair bit older than you with a CLK500 and Admiral are getting about £100 more from me on similar terms (other than 10k mileage). Could be "postcode lottery" effect but just replying to make you feel good on a Friday afternoon!

OP
SteveX

SteveX

Reaction score
I'm a fair bit older than you with a CLK500 and Admiral are getting about £100 more from me on similar terms (other than 10k mileage). Could be "postcode lottery" effect but just replying to make you feel good on a Friday afternoon!

Strange how it works, forgot to add this is with 'driveway' parking, and factory immobiliser too worh (touch wood) no current points.

I'd think here arent any more clk500 around than clk55's, but then maybe more of those have been claimed on, who knows!

Goes to show how insurance is a funny thing.

Top Bottom