COMAND Disk versions

verytalldave

Reaction score
I own a W203 (C200K) and I was wondering if anybody knew the answers to these 2 questions.
My car (2004 54 reg) fitted with a COMAND unit and came loaded with a version 2.2 disk and I would like to upgrade to a later version. I think that version 7.0 is the most current (?) and I also think the version before was 6.3. What happened between 6.3 and 7.0? Or am I wrong? Help please.
Also, what are the main differences between the 6.3 and the 7.0 disks? Is is simply a matter of a few new roads being added etc, or is there a major update as would be suggested by the fact that 7.0 wasnt numbered 6.4?
I know all thats quite a bit to answer, but I would appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks in advance..........

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
I own a W203 (C200K) and I was wondering if anybody knew the answers to these 2 questions.
My car (2004 54 reg) fitted with a COMAND unit and came loaded with a version 2.2 disk and I would like to upgrade to a later version. I think that version 7.0 is the most current (?) and I also think the version before was 6.3. What happened between 6.3 and 7.0? Or am I wrong? Help please.
Also, what are the main differences between the 6.3 and the 7.0 disks? Is is simply a matter of a few new roads being added etc, or is there a major update as would be suggested by the fact that 7.0 wasnt numbered 6.4?
I know all thats quite a bit to answer, but I would appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks in advance..........

I think I've already quoted you for a disk.

The V6.3 was the last one before Version 7. The only difference between V6.3 and V7 that has been reported is the ability to switch off the ATM icons on the map. Other than that there isnt much difference except possibly a few road updates.

As you have v2.2 yours is a long long way out of date. Anything from V6.1, V6.2, V6.3 or V7 will give you TMC and far better coverage than you have now.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Alfie - are you sure about the version numbering there?
I was under the impression that the W203 (etc) nav DVD had jumped from V6.3 to V8.0 - I haven't seen any explanation of why there isn't a V7, nor have I seen any comment about the V8.0 disks.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Alfie - are you sure about the version numbering there?
I was under the impression that the W203 (etc) nav DVD had jumped from V6.3 to V8.0 - I haven't seen any explanation of why there isn't a V7, nor have I seen any comment about the V8.0 disks.

Sorry, yes its a typo. Should read Version 8.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Sorry, yes its a typo. Should read Version 8.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Any knowledge (or guesses) about why they would have skipped 7?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom