1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comand Online - forum sponsor

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Headhurts, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Headhurts

Headhurts Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 Night Edition Estate/2016/Diesel
    I have been wanting a reverse camera fitted to my car for some time, the S212 is a big car and as I have elderly cats that play dare with the car decided to do something about it.

Comand Online would be my first choice but they are a 3 hour drive on a good day.

My local dealership have only done one before and they freely admitted not a straight forward job.

Now I am quite precious about my car so in my mind Comand Online would be the best people as this is a job they have done many times.

My car was booked in for 0900 yesterday.

I left at 0500 in the morning in reasonable weather progress was good until I hit the M11 when satnav offered a reroute to save 1 hour 20 mins I was routed via towns and villages and arrived at 0925 the weather was pants being rainy and cold.

Becky greeted me and Mark took possession of the car to do the work whilst I went shopping in Camberly.

Time soon passed and Becky phoned me to say the car is ready.

It was still pants weather and I decided to go directly home and play with my new accessory later.

So today I have cleaned the car and had a good look round.
    The camera works perfectly and there is not a mark on the car or anything to indicate the car has been worked on despite various panels being removed.

To anyone thinking of having a genuine Mercedes reverse camera fitted or indeed anything else they offer I can wholeheartedly recommend this company.

Big thanks to Richard, Mark and Becky from a very fussy customer.

Robin

DavyYoung, Alfie, PovertySpec and 6 others like this.
  2. John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W212 E63 ///AMG V8 Biturbo Volvo XC90 2018
  3. LostKiwi

LostKiwi Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    '93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240, 02 R230 SL500 (Malcolm Spec), 04 Smart Roadster Coupe
    Nice write up and a great endorsement.

Alfie and Headhurts like this.
  4. BillyBoy

BillyBoy Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W213 E220d Premium Plus Estate
    Never tried COMAND Online as too far away, though I have emailed them with questions in the past and found them extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

If anyone needs a similar service in the West Midlands, I can recommend Rob at Autobahn in Halesowen - he fitted the reversing camera to my GL with much the same outcome as above. IIRC, it was £450 all in, including the genuine MB retrofit kit and coding in the COMAND unit

John Laidlaw likes this.
  5. Submariner1

Submariner1 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL500 2009 5.5
    Definitely worth the £; imo one of THE must have accessories. Useful everyday, especcially on the big models ... mine might only have 2 doors but it is jolly long.
    Not sure about playing Dare, more a case of “I was lying on the warm concrete first, so I’m not moving”
    4BF4200C-E57C-452B-8BC1-3628D46BC924.jpeg
    “Run me over and SWMBO will torch your car for sure! “

Alfie and Headhurts like this.
  6. Alfie

Alfie Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
    Thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated.

GLK likes this.