command - which one have i got and USB music format

Ahmed Mohamed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 e class coupe
Hi all. Thanks in advance
Ive got a 2012 e class coupe. My command system has USB but no SD slot. I will need a separate navigation module to install in the glove compartment to enable navigation. Which command system is that? command online???

second question
some music from USB device don't play - it shows on the list but the system skips to next track when I choose them. Which format is best. Note Ive got a mac. Most my music is MP3 but some are apple audio and others are in ACC format.
I realise copying music straight from iTunes causes issues but not sure which specific formats are compatible and which aren't.

Please help!
Many thanks
Ahmed

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
About the music, doing it on a mac might be a little but problematic. I know this because I have a macbook myself. When you copy files to the usb it creates hidden files with the same name, except they have a . in front of them.
As for format, stick to mp3. iTunes can convert the audio files, if not sure how just google it up.
As for which version you have I am not too familiar with the coupe. A picture might be a little bit more helpful. Providing it does not have a SD card slot, I am inclined to go NTG 4.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
from this "I will need a separate navigation module to install in the glove compartment to enable navigation" I would say you don't have a comand system...

comand always used to come with nav and a knob to move round the menus, I suggest you have a big screen and the optional connection to add a map pilot, it looks similar to comand but isn't (although this guys is calling it command...)

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/mercedes-navigation-upgrade-becker-map-pilot/

if you want good quality sound, I would go with .WAV the original uncompressed format of a Std CD disc. You can after a fight make apple do things properly, not much in it with apples own lossless compressed format, but .WAV won't argue when you want to use on normal equipment.

OP
A

Ahmed Mohamed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 e class coupe
Thanks a million guys
Ill try and delete the hidden files.
Many thanks

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
About the music, doing it on a mac might be a little but problematic. I know this because I have a macbook myself. When you copy files to the usb it creates hidden files with the same name, except they have a . in front of them.
As for format, stick to mp3. iTunes can convert the audio files, if not sure how just google it up.
As for which version you have I am not too familiar with the coupe. A picture might be a little bit more helpful. Providing it does not have a SD card slot, I am inclined to go NTG 4.

Mr Filipov is correct a Mac does handle things differently.

Also bear in mind that if you have been adding and deleting files on a Mac and the card or USB is or has been full that the new music may not play until you delete the deleted files from Trash.

For some reason files in Trash are still linked to your device.

I normally just copy and paste iTunes songs to the media.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Get an app called Export For iTunes - it will allow you to convert to [almost] any format, in bulk, and created copies won't automatically be added to iTunes (unlike if you use iTunes app itself for mp3 conversion).

My new head unit plays flac and alac (among others) directly, so no converting for me ;)

PS Never had hidden duplicates created on correctly formatted [for universal use] SD cards or USB drives.
Formatting USB via Disk Utility is fine, but for the SD / microSD cards I suggest using SDFormatter (official app).

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom