1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Wanted] Coolant Hose Connector Expansion to Engine

Discussion in 'Spares for Sale and Wanted' started by TazCBR1100XX, Nov 16, 2018.

1. TazCBR1100XX

TazCBR1100XX Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2004 C180K SE Evolution
    Hi all

I'm in need of a bit of plastic, so hoping someone might have the right piece of plastic lying around unwanted :)

It's for a 2004 C180K 1.8 Coupe, but I understand the part is common on most of the 203 range for that period of time.

There's a hose that comes from the top of the coolant expansion tank, which has two 90degree bends in it, then the plastic bit clips in on the engine side - it's like a nipple I suppose. I think the Mercedes part number is A2035010025, but that's for the entire hose including the little plastic bit I need. The bit I need is on the right of the image at the end of the rubber pipe.

Merc Hose.JPG

Do you have one lying around which I can buy off you? I've tried all the local dismantlers round here, but they just throw hoses away when they get a car in. I've also tried a couple of not-so-local scrappers, but they all seem to do the same.

I'm open to suggestions if someone has a good idea of what I can do to replace the broken nipple bit - after all, it's only a piece of plastic that clips in. I do have both end, but didn't want to risk a bodge job to try and join it back together again, as water tends to find every weak spot it meets.

Gizza shout if you can help me out, and if not, looks like a visit to the dealership and those extortionate prices :(

Cheers

Rodger

2. OP
    TazCBR1100XX

Your Mercedes:
    2004 C180K SE Evolution
    UPDATE:

After many hours scouring the internet, including ebay, I managed to find a Febi Bilstein part for less than a tenner. It's just the plastic nipple that I need, so no wastage.

There was a used hose on ebay from a scrapper, but he wanted £39.99 for it LOL

3. OP
    TazCBR1100XX

Your Mercedes:
    2004 C180K SE Evolution
    Well, ebay proved to be a waste of time, as I bought this item from two different sellers, and both of them cancelled my order without even a word. There were several sellers with prices ranging from £6.88 to over £13. I don't think they could get hold of them, even though the listings stated 10+ in stock - BUT - I do have a very surprising solution!!!!

This is the part I needed ..........

upload_2018-11-28_0-37-48.png

........ and I found this particular part on the Febi website using the part number 47213. The Febi site gave me the Mercedes numbers, which isn't shown on my EPC.

The Merc part number is A 003 997 06 89, and the Mercedes price for this a staggering £4.17 plus VAT, nicely rounded to a fiver. As an added bonus, Mercedes Doncaster had them in stock. Wow!!!! I was gobsmacked.

So that's the coolant issue solved, now I just need to find what's causing the battery to drain before I end up buckling the plates with the constant charge/discharge cycles every few days.