Coolant leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
The coolant in my 1990 190e needs regular topping up, however there are no signs of leaks. Its happened for years and doesn't seem to get worse. (But I'd rather it didn't happen at all!). Does anyone know if the 190e has a record of heater matrix problems?

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
Hi,

190e Heater matrix do not have a problem as such. Some times they can get blocked & I have known them to leak. If they leak at the matrix itself then it is usually accompanied by a lot of condensation on the front windscreen.  Try checking for dampness by the tunnel on both sides as this is about the area wear the heater pipes go into the heater matrix. You might get a leak from there. Check the heater tap. They can also leak. You might get the head gasket checked as well.

Sorry I can't be more specific. It one of those jobs, till it gets really bad. It will take time to identify the problem.

Regards
Andy@ www.mercedesservicing.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom