Cooling system problem - W163

mattuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c320/2001/3.2 v6
Driving with "low coolant" message on dash will cause it as well and because you had missing coolant without visable external leaks must go on cylinder causing cloud of smoke behind you.
Never mind head is off, crack is there so don't worry about have you or not

Is there any scrap metal place where you could sell it? Cost of shipping to UK and sell here will miss it point. How much u can get? I don't know 50,100, 200,300 euro maybe? How much it will weight?

lucifermkd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB ML270CDI
Hi

Hello.
I would like if anyone knows anything more about the cooling system for MB ML270cdi
I have MB 270CDI I have a problem with trapped air intestines, and intestines become too hard.
Once you open the expansion tank fluid out through the cap and there is too much pressure.If look up in the expansion tank you see bubbles. Oil level is in the normal condition.When intestines become hard,and all night to rest the claim until open expansion tank.
Еngine temperature is in the normal state, because the thermostat is open all the time, try and bypass to EGR valve but not getting any results are still a bubble in the container, and intestines claims.There was no smoke in the exhaust system.Еngine works perfectly.
Please if there is someone any idea for my problem.
Thanks

lucifermkd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB ML270CDI
Hello.
I would like if anyone knows anything more about the cooling system for MB ML270cdi
I have MB 270CDI I have a problem with trapped air intestines, and intestines become too hard.
Once you open the expansion tank fluid out through the cap and there is too much pressure.If look up in the expansion tank you see bubbles. Oil level is in the normal condition.When intestines become hard,and all night to rest the claim until open expansion tank.
Еngine temperature is in the normal state, because the thermostat is open all the time, try and bypass to EGR valve but not getting any results are still a bubble in the container, and intestines claims.There was no smoke in the exhaust system.Еngine works perfectly.
Please if there is someone any idea for my problem.
Thanks

mattuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c320/2001/3.2 v6
If u open cap when engine hot it will blow coolant. system build pressure when engine work - normal

Do not open cap when engine hot, you might get injury.

lucifermkd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB ML270CDI
I now for the pressure when engine work.but the problem is for
3 min when start engine intestines is hard like a wood.and after then
Engine stop intestines still hard all night.and when start
Engine you see bubbles in expansion tank. THANKS

lucifermkd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB ML270CDI
If u open cap when engine hot it will blow coolant. system build pressure when engine work - normal

Do not open cap when engine hot, you might get injury.

I now for the pressure when engine work.but the problem is for 3 min when start engine intestines is hard like a wood.and after then Engine stop intestines still hard all night.and when start Engine you see bubbles in expansion tank. THANKS

mattuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c320/2001/3.2 v6
I see do u mean hoses are hard yes?

what hose do u mean? Upper or all hoses? Can u squeeze or they are hard as rock?

Ps what mileage and what works were done in cooling system? How Long do u own this car for and when first did u notice that?

lucifermkd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB ML270CDI
Te
I see do u mean hoses are hard yes?

what hose do u mean? Upper or all hoses? Can u squeeze or they are hard as rock?

Ps what mileage and what works were done in cooling system? How Long do u own this car for and when first did u notice that?

All hoses is hard like rock.Ml have 220000km.i have 1 year .And thermostat is open all timei see bubbles in thank and when hoses is hard open the cup and hosess its ok and again bubbles in expansion tank and again hard hoses.

mattuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c320/2001/3.2 v6
So when u remove cap all the pressure escapes and hoses become soft - u might have air lock. Drain coolant, fill new and bleed if that won't help then we can go further but before u do that go to good garage and do sniff test (£10-20)to rule out head gasket, cracked head. If both will turn up ok then put new coolant.

Also after run can u feel lower hose and radiator how hot they are against upper hose?

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
Te

All hoses is hard like rock.Ml have 220000km.i have 1 year .And thermostat is open all timei see bubbles in thank and when hoses is hard open the cup and hosess its ok and again bubbles in expansion tank and again hard hoses.

After reading all your posts, it sounds to me like a head or gasket failure, the bubbles in the header tank and pressurising of the system after only a few minutes running time are all typical head gasket failure symptoms.

lucifermkd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB ML270CDI
After reading all your posts, it sounds to me like a head or gasket failure, the bubbles in the header tank and pressurising of the system after only a few minutes running time are all typical head gasket failure symptoms.

Thanks.am i service now i changet head and head gasket its same.the service man make baypas on pump for airkondition its same.i don now what to sey.its same bubbles on expansion tank.the head is 2 hand.PLEACE HELP ME.

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks.am i service now i changet head and head gasket its same.the service man make baypas on pump for airkondition its same.i don now what to sey.its same bubbles on expansion tank.the head is 2 hand.PLEACE HELP ME.

Was the head specially tested for cracks after it was taken off?

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now is not tested.the man who sold head sey is good.but i don belive him.
Is have glue for this stuff.its posibile to try.

Its possible that the 2nd head is faulty then.

I dont think putting in a sealant will help if the pressure is as bad as you say.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Could it be worth a bottle of K38 sealer

lucifermkd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB ML270CDI
Аnd the old head had the same symptoms.It is possible 2 heads be faliture.Same mechanics seys perhaps is motor block????When I put a new head of neutral gas has only a bubble, but when when you press the pedal gas on container have too much foam.And hoses is hard as rock.Radiator on the surface is hot, if you keep the top hose on hand you feel the air.

lucifermkd

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB ML270CDI
Its possible that the 2nd head is faulty then.

I dont think putting in a sealant will help if the pressure is as bad as you say.

Аnd the old head had the same symptoms.It is possible 2 heads be faliture.Same mechanics seys perhaps is motor block????When I put a new head of neutral gas has only a bubble, but when when you press the pedal gas on container have too much foam.And hoses is hard as rock.Radiator on the surface is hot, if you keep the top hose on hand you feel the air.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom