Correct length serpentine belt

DaveE320CDI

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 E55 Kompressor
Just bought a new belt for my W210 E320 CDI and its a Gates 6PK2270, Does anybody know what the correct size is with the genuine merc belt? cheers Dave

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
There are a few options depending on what spec engine and ancilleries. A mb parts dept can tell you the size for your car.

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
How often should these belts be changed?
Is it part of the MB standard servicing procedure to check and recommmend changing?
John

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
How often should these belts be changed?
Is it part of the MB standard servicing procedure to check and recommmend changing?
John

I think that one can say that when small cracks start appearing then its time to change

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I think the belt for the 320CDi engine comes in one size now that AC is a standard fixture (I can't think of another ancillary that would run off the belt).

I have just purchased a belt and spring tensioner from MB. The belt fitted to mine has covered 55K and is ready for replacing. It has started to show signs of wear by splitting along the length of the belt so I will repace sometime this year. I would strongly recommend that you replace the spring tensioner at the same time as this part can be problematic.

My garage tells me that the job requires the radiator to be removed although some people on the forum appear to have managed the job without. Looking at the space available and the closeness to the rad core I think I'll let them remove the rad to avoid the 'I told you so'.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom