Current model C class

OP
SJMaxson

SJMaxson

Reaction score
Website
www.maxson.org.uk
No-one got any tips?

I have now test-driven the car I'm looking at, and it is lovely to drive. Full Approved MB warranty, etc, and serviced not long ago in a main dealership.

COMMAND Sat Nav system installed, along with a Tracker system.

I have to confirm purchase or otherwise tomorrow, Monday, and I'm inclined to go ahead.

Any warnings or other pointers?

Many thanks in advance.

robbo

Reaction score
Are you talking about the E or C class?

If its an E class the electronics can be woefully unreliable, and the dealers can struggle to fix problems. The turbo on the 270 engine (E&C class) has been known to be troublesome and require replacing. Whetever you do, keep up the main dealer service history or you will lose mobilolife and you may well need this in years to come for rust repair work. All late 04 cars are galvanised do rust should no longer be an issue.

If you do get the car, just be aware that buying a modern Mercedes does not bring you superior build quality and reliability. Sadly, in these respects the newer cars are no better than cheaper mass market brands (maybe worse!). What you will get however, is a beautiful looking car which is a joy to drive.

If you keep this in mind and dont expect too much in terms of the build and reliability, you should be able to enjoy the car.

Last edited:

cjcor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDI
robbo said:
Are you talking about the E or C class?

Er.... the title is clear enough..?

robbo said:
If you do get the car, just be aware that buying a modern Mercedes does not bring you superior build quality and reliability. Sadly, in these respects the newer cars are no better than cheaper mass market brands (maybe worse!). What you will get however, is a beautiful looking car which is a joy to drive.

If you keep this in mind and dont expect too much in terms of the build and reliability, you should be able to enjoy the car.

I would echo these points - I bought a C240, and was very dissappointed with the quality.

c13tay

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 C200 avantgarde SE Estate
"Am considering buying an 03 approved MB E270CDI auto with 47k on the clock."

Yep title is clear - but text says E270 CDI

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
SJMaxson said:
I've bitten the bullet and ordered it.

C270CDI auto Elegance SE with Command

Looking forward to driving it already.......

We've got a C200 Elegance SE Estate, not a CDI, although we did look for one of those first, just couldn't find one within our budget, so went for the model we have and have been very happy with it so far.

Last edited:

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom