DA pads

Chrisalex

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Sport
coming from a Honda Civic where the paint is notoriously soft I am wanting to know what are the best pads to use with a DA to remove swirls, I have been using Chemical Guys Hex Logic pads.
I have a palladium silver C220 and have some swirls that I would like to remove rather then mask with something like AG super resin polish.
I believe the merc's use a very hard clear coat, what product is good to use? I have some Gtechniq P1 and Meguires 205 polish if they are any good on the paint.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I have recently used Megs Cutting Compound on my 215 and was astonished at the results...

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Its more about the product than the pads, the ones you have will be fine.

Your paints hardness depends on how old the car is but a combo of 205 and 105 with 2 pads should give a great result. Dont know P1 as not used it but have the other 2. I use Flexipads pads from here:
http://www.morethanpolish.com/DaveKGs-Machine-Polishing-Emporium.asp

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom