Diagnostic software

dannyfiveforty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 2003
good evening all,

I already have an Autel maxidiag which is great for looking up fault codes and resetting them.

I am now after a machine that will enable me to go into settings and make adjustments.

A friend of mine has launch software that he has used on mine to adjust suspension, forces dpf regen etc.

Apart from star (and launch -over £1000) what else is out there that can go into settings and adjust parameters?

Thanks

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Nothing much.....
+1 unfortunately.

Autocom CDP lets you do some stuff, but its a bit flakey and no where near as comprehensive as star.

OP
dannyfiveforty

dannyfiveforty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL500 2003
Where can I research this autocom cdp? I am not prepared to pay for star I will go without, but would be interested in a half decent machine ..

Thanks

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
There are several websites that give Autocom reviews and info. Just Google 'Autocom cdp'.
Bear in mind that it will also need a computer for diagnosis, although it can store faults for later screening.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Autel have higher spec ones that'll do the job

Launch I think came out of nowhere and are pretty good

but to do stuff properly your talking from 2k, the hardware is nothing its all about software and support

pass through technology is where its at but you need the rights to talk to the manufacturer servers to get at the bug fixed / new feature updates.... and then u r on silly money, isn't xentry connect over 10k a year to rent?

Ford and BM u can do for free

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
I have an MB11 but to be fair , I rarely use it , why do you feel the need to be able to do so much to your car pal , is it a project ??

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom