Diesel and petrol MAS the same or similar enough not to matter?!

stargazerplus

Reaction score
Substituted the Bosch part in my C240 with the Pierburg part from my straight six S320 cdi to diagnose poor running problems!

Referring to the "How to" here on the "other" forum

http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=25426

I am a little confused as to using the Pierburg MAS as a replacement for the original bosch part.

The Pierburg part number is listed as 7.22684.07.0 (According to Pierburg this is a replacement for their own unit part number 7.22684.00.0)

See here

http://www.x-desk.net/ximages/21302_pgsi0079en.pdf

The "how to" suggests that this is the replacement for the original Bosch fitment in the M112 V6 engines part number A112 094 00 48 however the Pierburg pdf states that this is a replacement for the A611 094 00 48 which is actually the OM611 diesel engine. Note that the last seven digits are actually the same, the first apply to the motor code!

Funnily enough if you search for the German and Swedish part number (18789) on their site it gives the Pierburg component as the replacement for a Seat Ibiza diesel!!!

I HAVE now actually replaced my original Bosch sensor in my C240 V6 with the Pierburg unit available from GSF and it seems to work fine. Are the diesel and petrol MASs the same in real terms? It would appear to be so!! Sorry about all the confusing part numbers but it would appear that Pierburg DO NOT actaully make a direct replacement for the M112 engine as described in the "How to" although it actually seems to work!

OP
S

stargazerplus

Reaction score
Incidentally the poor starting problems which I encountered with my C240 described elsewhere in this forum seem to have been resolved. The problem was an intermittent failure to start on the autostart key turn which had Mercedes diagnostics stumped.

The car had had a new original MAS fitted with the correct part number. It also had a new crankshaft position sensor fitted. Despite having had new plugs fitted by Mercedes 20000 miles ago I replaced the spark plugs (by the look of them they looked original so I wonder if Merc actually bothered to replace them, despite having stamped the book :confused: ).

The car ran better but still seemed to have intermittent problems, so I finally subsituted the MAS to see if the problem disappeared and they did!!!

I really do wonder how different the diesel MAS is in comparison with the petrol!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom