Diesel emissions

NickSMF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class W211 280 Sport 2008
Hello All,

Following my previous discussions and eventual repair of my 280 sport, the car hasn't missed a beat and has been a pleasure to drive. It's just passed its MOT (only issue was the headlamp adjuster/sensor needed replacement as the old-style plastic rod had broken) but i just wanted to ask if the emissions report was, in your opinion, good or if it indicates whether there's a carbon build-up problem still (that being the main cause of the previous headache). Since the repair, I've only used Shell V-Power diesel and have also added Archoil additive to every tank.

I've attached a photo of the printout and would appreciate your comments.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7495.JPG
    IMG_7495.JPG
    388.1 KB · Views: 22

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Sure. V Power diesel is pure snake oil. Just use bog standard ;)

Arudge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK200 2000 Kompressor
From what I understand the test is little more than a smoke test, the MOT device measures the opacity of the exhaust fumes.
I don't know what the drift value is, but the next one is the first smoke test with a limit of 1.5. As yours was so clean it qualified for the FPT, which means little more than Fast Pass Test. If the first test exceeded 1.5 they do a further two and take an average.

In short, as far as the MOT is concerned your engine is as clean as a baby's bum.

OP
N

NickSMF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class W211 280 Sport 2008
Thanks to you both, I'm pleased to see things look ok. As things are going well and I'm hoping to be with the car long-term, I'm probably going to stick to what I'm doing. I'd hate for it to suffer for the sake of a few pounds each fill up.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Thanks to you both, I'm pleased to see things look ok. As things are going well and I'm hoping to be with the car long-term, I'm probably going to stick to what I'm doing. I'd hate for it to suffer for the sake of a few pounds each fill up.
Except it won’t be suffering. Just use branded non supermarket garages.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom