Diesel particulate filter

Sturm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 E300TD
Hi guys, first post so here goes !
I have a 1998 E300TD (W210) estate which goes into soft limp mode on a regular basis, I pull over and re start the car and its fine until the next day. I have tried all the usual tricks and replaced some of the cheaper components but it still does this.
I do mostly short trips every day and have heard that this could effect the Diesel Particulate Filter which clogs up and can put the car into limp mode.
My question is this - does my car have a DPF fitted bearing in mind its 20 years old and if it does, where is it situated ??
Its an auto box by the way.
Looking forward to your replys and thanks for your advice in advance !
Sturm

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
A 1998 car won't have a DPF, could be an EGR blocked

OP
S

Sturm

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 E300TD
Thanks JBell, thats all I really wanted to know. !!! I know the EGR valve is opening and closing, as I have checked it with a vacuum pump, also in operation on the car I can hear it upon switching on the ignition. I mean there can be a myriad of causes for limp mode and really rather than waste money changing things on spec really I should be getting the codes read but its 300 euros in Switzerland to do this, then they charge you on top for re-setting the codes, which doesent really fix anything !!!
The car only cost me £900 so I will probably try and limp home and get it done in the UK, if it breaks down on the way I will get insurance to cover that.
Thanks for your time mate
Regards Sturm

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom