Disabling the Annoying eco cut out permanently

raymondj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2.2 C class coupe 2017
This must have been asked before, but couldn't see whilst trying a search function. I have a c class new Merc and wondering if I can permanently disarm the eco cut out.

Anyone?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
It's an engine ECU firmware thing. I'm not sure if you can disable it.

c220_Dan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 CLA 220d Shooting Brake
The new C Coupe may be different, but on the CLA SB that I have just picked up you can configure the dynamic select Individual mode to default ECO stop/start to off.

OP
R

raymondj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2.2 C class coupe 2017
The new C Coupe may be different, but on the CLA SB that I have just picked up you can configure the dynamic select Individual mode to default ECO stop/start to off.

Could you expand a little on that please

c220_Dan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 CLA 220d Shooting Brake
Could you expand a little on that please

If I switch between driving modes using the Dynamic Select button on the centre console, I have options of Comfort, Sport, Individual or Eco. Individual mode is configurable under the Vehicle Settings menu. It gives me 4 configurable parameters; gearbox mode, steering mode, climate control mode and Eco Start/Stop. I have my Individual mode set to Sport gearbox & steering, with Eco Start/Stop disabled. The car remembers the mode I was in when the car is turned off, so starts in Individual mode each time, with Start/Stop therefore disabled.

It may well be different in the new C Class - I think you get a Sport+ mode as well as Sport, which I don't have.

I can try and take some pictures if the above doesn't help

OP
R

raymondj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2.2 C class coupe 2017
If I switch between driving modes using the Dynamic Select button on the centre console, I have options of Comfort, Sport, Individual or Eco. Individual mode is configurable under the Vehicle Settings menu. It gives me 4 configurable parameters; gearbox mode, steering mode, climate control mode and Eco Start/Stop. I have my Individual mode set to Sport gearbox & steering, with Eco Start/Stop disabled. The car remembers the mode I was in when the car is turned off, so starts in Individual mode each time, with Start/Stop therefore disabled.

It may well be different in the new C Class - I think you get a Sport+ mode as well as Sport, which I don't have.

I can try and take some pictures if the above doesn't help

Dan you are a genius, just been out and sorted it. That's a lovely feature and one I would have never discovered on my own. Many thanks matey.

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
The car remembers the mode I was in when the car is turned off, so starts in Individual mode each time, with Start/Stop therefore disabled.

Dan, When you say the car remembers...is that for more than the usual 4 hour or so period? Mine is a 2014 C Class, but everything seems to reset after 4 hours. I'm wondering if there is a firmware update on the newer cars?

Thanks, Ernie

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
Good solution as long as you don't use the other modes.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Might see if I can make this happen..

OP
R

raymondj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2.2 C class coupe 2017
Dan, When you say the car remembers...is that for more than the usual 4 hour or so period? Mine is a 2014 C Class, but everything seems to reset after 4 hours. I'm wondering if there is a firmware update on the newer cars?

Thanks, Ernie
Setting specific options creates a 'favourite' mode - ie comfort ride with eco cut out disarmed AND yes it remember it. So on the facia, you have 'favourite' as an option when choosing what driving style you fancy. i think that's about right.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Setting specific options creates a 'favourite' mode - ie comfort ride with eco cut out disarmed AND yes it remember it. So on the facia, you have 'favourite' as an option when choosing what driving style you fancy. i think that's about right.
To be fair I do have the AMG preference button which happens quickly, but it still defaults to Eco next time I get in..

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Eco stop/start can be permanently switched off if you want. ;-)

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
Yip totally overrated John!

To be fair start/stop is just an overrated gimmick. A car ticking over uses very little fuel, thus emits very few CO2s as a result. It is good from emissions point of view, but in reality is a useless system.

OP
R

raymondj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2.2 C class coupe 2017
To be fair start/stop is just an overrated gimmick. A car ticking over uses very little fuel, thus emits very few CO2s as a result. It is good from emissions point of view, but in reality is a useless system.
Be interesting to see how much fuel savings it makes. They don't push these figures so Im guessing its bugger all

Im showering with my next door neighbour so I'm saving water and thats my contribution to the environment and my global footprint

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Be interesting to see how much fuel savings it makes. They don't push these figures so Im guessing its bugger all

Im showering with my next door neighbour so I'm saving water and thats my contribution to the environment and my global footprint
Hope she's nice!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom