Disabling the Annoying eco cut out permanently

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
We can code the car so the ECO stop start is permanently disabled if you wish. You would have to come back again if you wanted it re-enabled.
Form an orderly queue here.... ;)

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
I have been wandering since mine has not got stop/start (damn, missed out by a year (as if that was a coincidence)) how does that work with the hold function. Surely it will kinda slow to restart the car since the foot is not on the brake pedal and there is not the time gap between switching pedals? Just curious really.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
We can code the car so the ECO stop start is permanently disabled if you wish. You would have to come back again if you wanted it re-enabled.
Cheers , just need to fabricate an excuse to visit leafy Surrey...

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I have been wandering since mine has not got stop/start (damn, missed out by a year (as if that was a coincidence)) how does that work with the hold function. Surely it will kinda slow to restart the car since the foot is not on the brake pedal and there is not the time gap between switching pedals? Just curious really.
There is just a tiny delay, really not much certainly in the Mercedes - also have a Volvo XC90 which is the same.
I had an Audi A6 though which would turn off the power steering at stop..that was a pain as it took a few more moments to turn back on

OP
R

raymondj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2.2 C class coupe 2017
te if
Cheers , just need to fabricate an excuse to visit leafy Surrey...

John am I missing something here or are you missing something because you can get rid of it and reinstate it in 10 seconds yourself. No messing about at a garage, just saying like.........

OP
R

raymondj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2.2 C class coupe 2017
Not great at busy Islands when you need a quick burst

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
te if

John am I missing something here or are you missing something because you can get rid of it and reinstate it in 10 seconds yourself. No messing about at a garage, just saying like.........
no you are absolutely right probably less than 10 seconds
It just would be nice to start off every time I get in the car in the mode I left it in (sport generally)
Not that important really and not worth a special trip for sure

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
What makes the eco work as first thing in the morning it doesn't work until you've driven a little. Then if you are in traffic a while the engine starts and the eco sign is yellow. Is it charging something.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
These ECO stop/start systems monitor various internal systems to determine if they should operate or not.
For example battery charge. If battery charge is below a certain point then it will disable stop/start. Interior temperature if too high or too low will disable stop/start. Engine temperature - if too low it will inhibit stop start to ensure minimal cold engine starts,.There's probably others too.

In your case its likely waiting till battery voltage is high enough after a cold start and engine temperature is at a suitable point.

OP
R

raymondj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2.2 C class coupe 2017
no you are absolutely right probably less than 10 seconds
It just would be nice to start off every time I get in the car in the mode I left it in (sport generally)
Not that important really and not worth a special trip for sure
But my understanding is that you can. Have it in sports mode, then do your settings, e.g. No eco and it becomes your favourite mode and Bobs your uncle. When you start up next morning it defaults to Your favourite. I think.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
But my understanding is that you can. Have it in sports mode, then do your settings, e.g. No eco and it becomes your favourite mode and Bobs your uncle. When you start up next morning it defaults to Your favourite. I think.
Nah not on mine...you still have to press the AMG button or sports button or sports + or manual or...
Next time you get back in, bingo! Back to Comfort/Eco

c220_Dan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 CLA 220d Shooting Brake
Dan, When you say the car remembers...is that for more than the usual 4 hour or so period? Mine is a 2014 C Class, but everything seems to reset after 4 hours. I'm wondering if there is a firmware update on the newer cars?

Thanks, Ernie

It appears I was getting a bit ahead of myself. You are correct, it only remembers it for 4 hours. If left longer (i.e. overnight) it reverts back to Comfort mode on start up. I was clearly spending too much time in my new car to notice this last week.

Still, pressing the Dynamic Select button to switch to Individual mode is a bit quicker than changing both mode and pressing the Eco stop/start button.

Crushy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C class 200 coupe AMG premium plus line
IMG_1539.JPG I have the new c class coupe and i use the adapt function as described earlier with sport mode on the enginec and steering but switch off the stop start and save it in my Individual and it keeps it off

OP
R

raymondj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2.2 C class coupe 2017
View attachment 37745 I have the new c class coupe and i use the adapt function as described earlier with sport mode on the enginec and steering but switch off the stop start and save it in my Individual and it keeps it off
Same with my new c220 coupe

Stevetaxi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 E class 250 AMG Estate
How about removing ECO Stop/Start on a Euro 5 E250 2014 vintage?

Top Bottom