Disabling the immobiliser

lars-mad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180
did you have any luck with disabling the immo? i have same problem on my fathers 95 c220d

still having this problem used 30 mins to start today so i need to fix this problem if i dont get it fixed the car will be scrap metal soon

lars-mad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180
And if you do start a new one, more details are needed...

Is it a W210 or a W124?

Does is have a collar that protrudes around the key (when inserted in ignition)?

Do you have red and green lights in the mirror, if so, what do they do?

What specific problems are you having? (coming here with the assumption of diagnosis may be counter productive - I suggest you describe the symptoms, rather than your assumption of the cause of those symptoms)

Last of all, there is no bypass for any factory fitted immobiliser.

the car is an w202 c220D 1995 the key fob has one button it works for unlocking the car get the green light when i unlock it but when i try to start it flashes green and red in the mirror the engine turns over but i think the fuel supply is interupted by the factory immobilizer/infrared locking system

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
I don’t think you can disable the FACTORY FITTED immobiliser, I think what people are talking about in this thread is about disabling an aftermarket alarm that has been integrated with the factory fitted alarm that was fitted to most? cars in the UK around the early 1990s, up to about 1996, see post #50, page 5 of this thread.

attachment.php

Does anyone know if the below eBay Mercedes Immobiliser System Key Fob Kit
would work if an existing immobiliser was/is defective?
!B2VR7u!B2k~$(KGrHqZ,!jYE)pKuDO19BMiC2negng~~_12.JPG

Above picture source http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-Immobiliser-System-Key-Fob-Kit-2108202826-687-/150491021788

Dec

Last edited:

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
When the car fails to start and when you turn the key to position 2, in what way do the Red and Green LEDs flash in mirror?
Alternately or Simultaneously.

Dec

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
the car is an w202 c220D 1995 the key fob has one button it works for unlocking the car get the green light when i unlock it but when i try to start it flashes green and red in the mirror the engine turns over but i think the fuel supply is interupted by the factory immobilizer/infrared locking system

Do the lights flash correctly during locking and unlocking?

Dec, I think the engine ECU would need to be changed as well, as I understand it.

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
Thanks, I ask as I was wondering why the would be selling an immobiliser and a matched remote if the didn’t work or solve some sort of fault, the eBay seller seems to be reliable and has a good 100% feed back. I bought stuff of them before and I was ok.

Dec

lars-mad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180
Do the lights flash correctly during locking and unlocking?

Dec, I think the engine ECU would need to be changed as well, as I understand it.

they flashes correctly when i lock and unlock the doors but when you turn the key it startes flasing red green red green and since i am the mechanic in the house i got the mission fixing the problem

the batterys in the flip out key is new the key is new the car is fully charged no signs of any alarms or retrofitted things under the dash

lars-mad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180
i suspect that it can be the ignition lock that are worn
if i get the car started and stops it and dont remove the key from the ignition it will start again but if you remove it from the lock and then put it in again it will flash in the mirror
my father told me this now i havent seen it actually my self

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
The immobiliser is under the foot rest (remove 3 plastic nuts) in the passenger foot well and not under dashboard.
You have to remove the foot rest to see it.

Dec

attachment.php

lars-mad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180
The immobiliser is under the foot rest (remove 3 plastic nuts) in the passenger foot well and not under dashboard.
You have to remove the foot rest to see it.

Dec

attachment.php

i had the unit that was mounted on the metal plate out also have tried to disconnect one of the two connectors on it but no luck...

i hooked up the star diagnosis i got only showed faults that i had the connector off the unit

then i was a little desperate and tried to desynch the keys on the computer done resynched the keys and hey presto it works again for now at least both keys works

i dont know if this just fixes the problem temporary or if the problem is cured

lars-mad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180
and now the problem is back but i cant do nothing with it before sunday since i am on holiday

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
You have new keys… that are known to work properly… the problem seems to be intermittent, which makes it difficult to pinpoint, the only way forward now is to have the car checked on STAR diagnostic, there doesn’t seem to be anything else that you can try now.

Dec

lars-mad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180
You have new keys… that are known to work properly… the problem seems to be intermittent, which makes it difficult to pinpoint, the only way forward now is to have the car checked on STAR diagnostic, there doesn’t seem to be anything else that you can try now.

Dec

i have already had it checked on star but it shows no errors
i have get another ir box under the carpet and will try it tomorrow and hope for it to work better
also someone told me that it is a chip in the key but i dont think so since the car dont have the bigger ring around the ignition switch

Last edited:

lars-mad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180
1995 c220D with original immobilizer

changed the unit under the carpet today no go changed the ignition lock no go changed all the relays in the fusebox no go
allways the freaking red green flashing ligths also have tried to find the k38 relay but i cant find it ..
also speaked with mercedes here in oslo but they are not cooperative they want to make money and the car is not worth spending many workshop hours on it will cost 150-200£ in hour so i want to solve it my self

pofarrell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Estate Auto 1996
16 year old estate with intermittent problem disengaging imobiliser

Hi Alfie

only seeing this thread now would it be possible to get details on disengaging the immobiliser regards Peter 1996 c200 auto estate

pofarrell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Estate Auto 1996
I had cause many years ago to call upon Mobilo to get my car (W202 C180) going after the immobiliser refused to let go of my car. The car unlocked and locked fine but inserting the key and turning did nothing.

When the chap from mobilo came out he quickly disabled the immobiliser which shocked me when I saw how simple it was. It takes about 5 minutes thats all.

I'll PM you the solution.

EDIT: Cant send you a PM as they are not enabled for you. Send me an email to sales@comand.co.uk and i'll reply with the solution.
Hi Alfie

only seeing this thread now would it be possible to get details on disengaging the immobiliser regards Peter 1996 c200 auto estate

lars-mad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180

Dec

have bought another ecu for the car used off ebay for €40 with the right number waiting for it now hope this solves the problem

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom